I notice that this year we have a lot of bass-guitar combo. No, not the double necks one, but extreme ERG/ERB

First, we have Schecter joining in the production 8-string with their Hellraiser, which can easily be tuned to a bass guitar level. Its 26.5" scale, though not as long as the 28" scale of the Ibanez, is still sufficient.

Outdoing itself, Ibanez create what they called Bass/Guitar Hybrid: A SEVEN string bass guitar called SR7VIISC. BEADGCe, but with 30" scale tuning and narrower string spacing. Made in Japan... so it's $2133.32 List price

I think it's time for amp makers to start figuring out a good bass/guitar amp, which is going to be difficult... basicaly it would amount to "Use SS circuitry to allow sweet overdrive on the high notes while the low notes will be clean." Forget the fact that we have to use SS circuitry thanks to the bass part (unless you enjoy lugging that SVT around), just the last part will be an issue.

P.S. I will definitely get the 8-string guitar. i am thinking of tuning it to EADADGBe, combining a drop D to a bass tuning.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Last edited by Jestersage at Jan 20, 2009,
Outdoing itself, Ibanez create what they called Bass/Guitar Hybrid: A SEVEN string bass guitar

What, never seen those 11 string bass'?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
What, never seen those 11 string bass'?

If you mean classical? yes. I saw REAL 12 string guitars too.

But not something that is made by a big company.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff