Hey guys... So I think it's about time for a new guitar.
6 string, 7 string, locking tremolo, no tremolo.
I'm really not too fussed. Basically something which looks good, sounds good, plays good, and is versatile. (I'll probably use this guitar for metal, though I tend to play Jazz, Blues, and clean stuff too.)

Hope you can help me out guys!
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Try several different ones so you can get a "feel" of the guitar. When I started looking I was unsure and went to a store here in Nashville called "Corner Music" There is a guy that works there that deals with alot of country stars along with many sessions players on music row. He hooked me up with a JIMMIE VAUGHAN "Stratocaster" It has Tex-Mex pick ups witch are hotter than normal. I tried it and got the best Bluesy sound I ever heard. It also plays real clean and to get a "metal" tone I just hooked up a Boss DS-1 ($30) and had all I wanted. I play it through a Blues Junior amp. Check out the guitar on Youtube and listen for yourself. Good luck. Also the vaughan stra sells for around $699 (US Dollars)
i wouldnt really tell you to get a strat, since you say you'll use it for metal.. i mean you can get one HSH /HSS routed and place an EMG into it or something...

then again i'll say get a lespaul... it has awsome cleans and humbucker instaled already... however your price range is a bit of a problem...

so overall... get a japan fender strat or something, and go for that EMG option or some other humbucker...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
washburn x50pro?

yamaha pacifica 612/812v?

EDIT: if you really don't care, use that as an excuse to try some stuff out... also a good excuse to try stuff which you normally wouldn't try, you never know, you might find you like it!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had this amount of money and out of a washburn x50pro, yamaha pacifica 812v and fender lonestar strat, I chose the yamaha. i love it
These constant threads about new guitars are starting to fúck me off.

Take the specifications for a guitar you want.

Go and try some with said specifications out.

Buy the one you like.

It really isn't rocket science, and seeing as though noone here can decide what is going to feel and sound good to you this thread is stupid.
Quote by Ikonoklast

Buy the one you like.

It really isn't rocket science, and seeing as though noone here can decide what is going to feel and sound good to you this thread is stupid.

Is it that time of the month for you bud?

Anyway I see you have an ibanez so I would suggest a jackson they have similar neck styles and thickness so it should feel right to you.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Ikonoklast

Buy the one you like.

that's kinda the point of the forum, dude...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Washburn X50 Pro, Michael Kelly and Yamaha as already mentioned.
Those are the best you'll get in that price range.
maybe a PRS SE Custom 22. I think they're amazing guitars for £350. Much better than any £350 ibanez IMO.

or a jackson dinky. They're pretty good for that price range if your into metal. Its not too big a jump from an ibanez either.
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's kinda the point of the forum, dude...

But people are asking stupid questions. It's like 'tell me what i should buy'.

With something as subjective as a musical instrument what does he hope to gain from this thread?! Posting something like 'has anyone had any problems with X guitar' or 'i've tried it out, i thought A, B and C about it. should i try another model or are they all like this' would be a more helpful thread.
of course. and we regulars try to steer those threads in that direction.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ikonoklast
But people are asking stupid questions. It's like 'tell me what i should buy'.

With something as subjective as a musical instrument what does he hope to gain from this thread?! Posting something like 'has anyone had any problems with X guitar' or 'i've tried it out, i thought A, B and C about it. should i try another model or are they all like this' would be a more helpful thread.

What? thats what this forum is for dude.

Anyway people are just looking for suggestions most people do that. Even when I go to the guitar store I ask one of the salesman what guitar they recommend for my playing and music style. Its just a way of getting suggestions for what they should try out should they go to a music store for a few test drives.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
What? thats what this forum is for dude.

Anyway people are just looking for suggestions most people do that. Even when I go to the guitar store I ask one of the salesman what guitar they recommend for my playing and music style. Its just a way of getting suggestions for what they should try out should they go to a music store for a few test drives.

Yeah but it's like 'tell me my opinion'. It's like me saying i've got X amount of pounds - 'WHAT NEW CAR SHOULD I BUY?' A car someone else finds good might not be to your tastes.

I just think rather than 'RECOMMEND ME ANYTHING' these people should be asking the plus' and minus' of specific brands/models.
as i said, any of the regular posters is normally giving several options, meaning to try them first. certainly any time i advise something, it's on a "to try" basis, rather than "to buy".

you're aware that this is a forum to help people, right? they're coming here for advice, i.e. admitting that they're not too confident in their own ability. of course they might not ask the right questions, but that's what we're here for.

i mean, you don't go to a school or university if you're already an expert...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?