Cemetery Urn are an alcohol-fuelled Melbourne death metal band who 'takes you back to bands from the era '88 - '93,' as they say on their myspace, but the music certainly has its own unique feel to it.

Most fans of death metal should enjoy this especially those who like Swedish bands such as the classics (Dismember, Nihilist, Carnage) or the more recent Repugnant. And anyone who likes good evil riffs
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
they look like they would be pretty good, im going to check them out.
Equiptment:

Bass: Yamaha RBX170
Amp: Fender Rumble 100
Pedal: Boss BOD-3 Bass overdrive pedal
Nihilist, eh? I've heard of this band, but never checked 'em out, maybe I'll do so soon
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Love the riffs and leads. Absolutely killer. Little segments of originality to be found here.

Drumming could be improved vastly. Bass has cool moments. Solo felt a little forced.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I think the last track on the album is the best, the riff played under the solo is amazing, though it could have sounded so much better if they'd written a decent solo to play over it haha. sounds like guitarist 1 said 'i have a cool riff', guitarist 2 says 'i haven't heard it, but i have a cool solo' and they both agree to play their riff + solo at the same time
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Urn Of Blood is a really great release, i was just playing it and checked to see if a thread was made on the band. Just as i suspected, 4 replies.I love all the ancient barbaric death metal coming from the Aussies(Ignivomous is another great one that should be kept a close eye on). "Sadistic Murder" has some of the tastiest riffs I've heard in awhile.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Ignivomous are cool, but didnt exactly blow me away. Much prefer Cemetery Urn. Although Im a bit hesitant about ordering a tshirt of theirs, theyre labellled 'muscle shirts'.....does this mean theyre going to be tight or something?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
mm i saw those as well. i think you'd just be better off ordering off of Hells Headbangers. They have normal short sleeves for a cheaper price I'm pretty sure ,and Zip Up Hoodies. I don't like the idea of buying muscle shirts, i just cut my sleeves when i want one( looks cooler anyways i think).
Quote by Steve08

Yeah thats so true,one of the best places in the world for extreme metal since the early 90'.I mean you guys spawned Disembowelment and Bestial Warlust for ****s sake ,and i could name drop other great bands from Australia till i got arthritis.Is the underground fairly big over there? I notice that hear in Western Canada we've had allot of great bands over the years but still a pretty small scene for it.
Quote by Steve08

any of you fans of Abramelin from Australia

*is now listening to Cemetery Urn*
sounds pretty fun
lately I've been enjoying death metal alot more than usual...
Quote by Riffmast
Yeah thats so true,one of the best places in the world for extreme metal since the early 90'.I mean you guys spawned Disembowelment and Bestial Warlust for ****s sake ,and i could name drop other great bands from Australia till i got arthritis.Is the underground fairly big over there? I notice that hear in Western Canada we've had allot of great bands over the years but still a pretty small scene for it.

I'm not sure if it's "big" per se, but we do have an extremely quality scene that keeps pumping out awesome bands.
I can't wait for some new material.Such a great band.
Quote by Steve08

i support this thread rather than Dylar's

plus, this band genuinely kicks ass. some really brilliant riffing in there.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Good shit. Proof that Melbourne has the best metal scene right now
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ

Quote by Steve08

Finally bothered with these guys. So far it's phenomenal stuff.

I'm really diggin' "Sadistic Murder."
Philosophy > Life
both urn of blood and the conquered are burned are top notch man
i am the moonstar
I didn't like the track of theirs sgmansomething had in his mix the least bit, but I love the bands mentioned in the OP. Perhaps I wrote them off too soon.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Cambyses
both urn of blood and the conquered are burned are top notch man

"Conquered" is already out?
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Cambyses
been out for a while there bub

I just decided to give 'em a listen, remember?
Philosophy > Life
Maybe it's just my mood, but it seems there's a lot to be desired from listening to this band's myspace tracks.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...