Alright guys...
30 miles away the metal scene is pretty big... LOADS of bands, a few of em need guitarists.
I'm 15... do you think it'd be possible to get to practices and gigs?
Is anyone else in this same situation of travelling a bit of a distance to get to band practice?
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
30 miles is pretty far.. especially when you're 15
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Suppose.
Though I could take the bus into town, and get a train to Peterborough... then get a bus from Peterborough :P
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Why not wait a while? It'll be alot easier when you can drive, and you'll be alot better by then as well. i dont know how it is in your area, but i was in a band at 15 and no one took us seriously

Edit: Metal scene in peterborough really? It all dirty indie up here
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Jan 20, 2009,
My band is about 25 miles away. I'm also in my late 20s. It depends on your situation.
Depends how supportive your parents are - and if they'd let you go that far on your own if your 15. Plus if you practice late any nights will there still be buses running to get you home? Might be worth talking to your parents first and seeing if they'll agree to play taxi for you.
As alot of others have said, it depends heavily on what your personal home situation is. Can you get a ride? Can you go on your own? Do you even have a car? How realistic is taking a bus with all your gear on it?

For me, it'd be impossible - I don't have a car right now, and I can't haul a 100 lb 2x12 peavey on the bus with my guitar/pedal board and catch three transfers. So like said, it's your situation that dictates.

If you can get a ride or drive (when you have a car), then I say go for it. I would.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by zhilla
Depends how supportive your parents are - and if they'd let you go that far on your own if your 15. Plus if you practice late any nights will there still be buses running to get you home? Might be worth talking to your parents first and seeing if they'll agree to play taxi for you.

I see what you mean. Though i'm fairly mature for a 15 year old... and I will be 16 in a few months anyways. And a taxi? Well a taxi from my place to somewhere 10 miles away is about £15... so that could be a problem :P
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
My last band was about 20 miles away. Our current guitarist drives 25 miles to practice with us.
Wait till you can drive. My band is located in Chambly whereas I live on the island of Montreal (I doubt this makes sense to any of you, but trust me, it's a 30 minute drive with no traffic, and 90 minutes at rush hour). It's a sacrifice, and was god awful when gas was double what it is now, but it was worth it. I usually get a slightly bigger cut from gigs to cover my gas costs, which is pretty decent of my bandmates.
Guess I'll have to wait till i'm 17 then.
Though having a guitar on my back... and an amp on my knee, while riding a moped when i'm 16 is always a possibility
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!