So, im alright at bass i guess, i can play a few songs, keep rhythem, but i have absolutly no chops or theory behind my playing,

Can anyone recommend me maybe structured practise on the bass? say roughly an hour including scales/songs i could learn?
Get a teacher. But not just any old teacher, a really ****ing good teacher.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
this is gonna sound stupid but what do people mean when they say chops?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
^Louis Armstrong invented the term, it basically means skill or technical ability.

Anyway, I really recommend getting a teacher, at least for a time, if you're serious about getting areal practise routine.

*Cue the: I live in a small town/I have no money/I'm morally opposed to music teachers response.*
Learn how to do something then

Iduno, two handed tapping? slap/pop fill? past the 12th fret melodic lead? grind technically along the lowest frets? harmonics solo? synth pedal?

If you need to work on your bass chops, WORK on them.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by fleajr_1412
Get a teacher. But not just any old teacher, a really ****ing good teacher.

If i had 40 dollars a week to piss up the wall i wouldnt be on here. im cheap as well
practice finger exercises incorperating scales, arpeggios and modes in 2 octaves. making sure to play each note clean and in time increasing the tempo every few minutes
practice a specific technique you wish to learn (tapping, slapping, double thumping, chords) using similar exercises as stated about
practice a song that will challenge your playing ability (refer to the songs to learn thread stickied at the top of the forum if you don't know what song to go for)
rinse and repeat
cool down period practice scales at a slower tempo to cool down
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by corrda00
if u want to get chops goin no better way tan chromatic scale on all strings. Its wat i do.

and if you choose to play music that doesn't solely revolve around chromaticism? theres a reason scales and modes are important in any good practice regime
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.