Generally speaking... Will a guitar with Mahogany back and 1 maple piece top sound better than a guitar with a mahogany back and 2 piece maple top? How will the sounds compare?
I would think you may have a bit more sustain with a one piece top. You will also need to consider your pick up choice.
I mean with all other things constant... same neck, same pickups, basically same guitar.
You wont notice the difference.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
You wont notice the difference.

...you just re-worded what i said!! rawwww
hard to say... i'd have thought it's subtle. eric johnson might notice it...

if you can find a guitar with a one-piece top, though, assuming it's not any more money, it'd be worth considering, presumably...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you can find a guitar with a one-piece top, though, assuming it's not any more money, it'd be worth considering, presumably...
As far as figured tops go, you will probably never find a one peice top that would be figured to the same amount as a two peice top used on a production guitar and definatly not or the same price.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
yeah, probably, but sometimes you do. i know eggle have had some, and PRS sometimes have some.

you're probably right, 99% of the time anyway, i'm just saying if the option comes up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?