I am, maybe not other people. But who cares? The Jonas Brothers are the best musicians ever. XD
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Ever since Guitar Hero came out lots of people began paying attention to guitarists...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I sure am
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
depends man.. where i live.. playing guitar is almost irrelevant because most of the music they listen doesn't involve any instrument... and its also related to heavy metal.. so you may be seen like a metalhead... but there's few people who still consider music as an art and they may not be impressed but they respect and also valorate that.
Personally, I'm not overly impressed by massive technical skill on guitar - the way i see it, if you want to reach that kind of playing level then there are other instruments that suit and reward it much better.

I'm more impressed by guitarists who are passionate about what they play, and can communicate that with their playing in a way unique to them.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ever since Guitar Hero came out lots of people began paying attention to guitarists...

which has become a double edged sword, people are impressed when people can play songs of guitar hero, but the people who play guitar hero on expert go and say "yah well i can do that to i play on expert so i could be better than you" i would know that used to be me, then i actually picked up a guitar and had to shut up till i could put up, which i can do now
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
A good guitarist will always be impressive to most people. Guitar hero experts don't impress me in the least.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jan 20, 2009,
Most guitarist are impressed by themselves.
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
yes....
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
I'm more impressed by good songwriters these days. Good guitar playing is a plus though.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Technical ability doesn't impress people for very long; but great tunes and solos continue to connect, I think. How else can you explain the continuing popularity of AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, etc?

The problem is that the popular music of today isn't guitar based in the why it should be. Even so-called rock music it pretty much just recycled melodies over the same old chord progressions...

But if you can riff it up and bust-out 70s style blues-influenced solos, people still take note. Why? BECAUSE IT F**KING SOUNDS GOOD! Basically Sound > Ability: if you want people to take note figure out how to sound good. All the sweep picking and tapping may make you a metal god but to the average man your inability to make a hook means that you'll only hold their attention for a few short minutes.
Last edited by RadioMuse at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by RadioMuse
Technical ability doesn't impress people for very long; but great tunes and solos continue to connect, I think. How else can you explain the continuing popularity of AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, etc?

The problem is that the popular music of today isn't guitar based in the why it should be. Even so-called rock music it pretty much just recycled melodies over the same old chord progressions...

But if you can riff it up and bust-out 70s style blues-influenced solos, people still take note. Why? BECAUSE IT F**KING SOUNDS GOOD!

Amen.

A-fucking-men.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
it depends on your definition of great guitar player. If by that you mean technically brilliant then i'm not. I judge guitarists on their songwriting abilities more than anything.
Sig space available, give me some praise
does it matter?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Guitarists who can play more than one genre impress me. Mark Tremonti, for example.
But with out the other members of Alter Bridge, it wouldn't be the same.

I sometimes need more than just a solo with no backing to see what a guitarist can do.
some people do, but most modern mainstream is either digital or uses real instruments but is extremely uncreative. a hip hop lover would probably not be impressed by guitar playing and call you emo, whereas a fall out boy lover would know what a guitar is...
It all depends.. Some people look for the guitarists attitude and personality more than anything.. Playing fast and sweeping might impress people in the "know" not the average joe.
The people at the school really seem to enjoy my playing... particularly my math teacher... kinda funny he was basically my bands #1 fan...lol... he told me i could probably go some where with guitar playing, i just got to get school out of the way so i can concentrate on guitar (im a good guitar player and im certain i got 95%-100% on my math diploma...Woohoo!!)... lol... cept it was not like quit school give up. it was a realistic sorta... just play guitar and just guitar, and now he got his kids guitars and stuff...lol, anyways i just go to school and bring my guitar and small amp, go to one corner of the gathering area (big commons area sorta space)during spare plug in and play. Few kids walk buy and tend to stop and listen, ask me about my history with guitar and miss approx 30 mins of there class...lol, and sometimes its just me playing guitar alone in the commons area... probably my most creative moments. I think people like what sounds cool... but in order to make anything sound cool you need a bit of skill.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
dunno not too much I think, i've noticed people are more interested in a catchy song with a good singing voice, you can play some awesome blues or rock licks, and people will be like
Yeah ......cool
and then another guy can come in, sit down and go "Hey there delilah whats it like in new york city?" and instantly, he's an awesome guitarist.
**** happens
oh something i just thought of, my girlfriend's dad really likes me because I can play a whole bunch of classic rock stuff like zeppelin on his guitar, and her brother really likes me because I can play Slipknot, SOAD and Metallica

I think if you're into guitar music, you'll be impressed by a guitarist. if not, well then no.

but generally, in my experience, people are always impressed if you can do something really well.
Quote by G.a.c.771
depends man.. where i live.. playing guitar is almost irrelevant because most of the music they listen doesn't involve any instrument... and its also related to heavy metal.. so you may be seen like a metalhead... but there's few people who still consider music as an art and they may not be impressed but they respect and also valorate that.

......Wait, what?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by shoolocomous
Personally, I'm not overly impressed by massive technical skill on guitar - the way i see it, if you want to reach that kind of playing level then there are other instruments that suit and reward it much better.

I'm more impressed by guitarists who are passionate about what they play, and can communicate that with their playing in a way unique to them.

Exactly what I think.
I'm more impressed by unique techniques. Like Nick Reinhart of Tera Melos or Michael Angelo Batio (as much as i hate him).

Quote by fallenangel20
......Wait, what?

He's talking about rap or hip hop.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
lol Are you kidding???! Have you ever played skillfully to anyone? Of course they are impressed!! A simple tapping solo will impress them. A sweep will make them piss their pants. The problem is they just don't care whether or not skillful playing is included when it comes to listening to their music.