As part of my AS-level music course, I have to perform a song in front of an examinor and maybe a few people, and it has to be 5-8 minutes. I was thinking of doing Free Bird and cutting it down a little to make it fit, or trying to do Orion (Even though it focuses quite a bit on the bass) or The Call of Ktulu by Metallica, or maybe some relatively short Opeth song. But, I don't have many ideas, so anyone know any good songs to play?

By the way, I've been playing for about 6 years and I love metal to give you an idea of any songs. As taste is subjective, I could do anything from Simon and Garfunkel to Deicide, as long as it has some good guitar.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
can you write your own? that would impress them more than some run off the mill metal song
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by undecided1993
Does it have to be electric guitar?

No, it can be acoustic as well.

Quote by ross1234
can you write your own? that would impress them more than some run off the mill metal song

My music teacher said that we would probably get shit marks if we wrote our own.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Call of Ktulu, acoustic or electric it'd be badass.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
afterlife by avenged sevenfold, the only thing that would impress them would be the solo.
Equiptment:

Bass: Yamaha RBX170
Amp: Fender Rumble 100
Pedal: Boss BOD-3 Bass overdrive pedal
I'm doing AS music too. I am doing For the Love of God by Steve Vai, and a grade 8 piece. I decided against piano; I really want to show the examiner my 8-string! Ha! Good luck,

- Adam
Quote by Dante53
I'm doing AS music too. I am doing For the Love of God by Steve Vai, and a grade 8 piece. I decided against piano; I really want to show the examiner my 8-string! Ha! Good luck,

- Adam

You have an 8-string guitar? I only thought they existed in cartoons and Meshuggah albums.

Good luck with yours too
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by CTFOD
No, it can be acoustic as well.

My music teacher said that we would probably get shit marks if we wrote our own.

Really? I would have thought different.

If you wanna do Orion try the rodrigo y gabriela version, it's different from the original metallica one and you can just say you came up with the idea of doing it acoustic
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234

If you wanna do Orion try the rodrigo y gabriela version, it's different from the original metallica one and you can just say you came up with the idea of doing it acoustic

*Youtubes*

Sweet Jesus, that was awesome!
Quote by duncang

at his command
Quote by ross1234

i must look that up
you could do shogun IF you have seven string its pretty good since it has a lcean passage and the heavy passages, or you could do the crusade its 8 minutes, orion is quite good as well, look up something by pelican, or anything off of Protest the Hero Fortress they have instrumental cuts of each song. maybe the white sea by The sword. and the last song i have to say is instrumental cover of hallowed be thy name.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by supafunkyone
Baroque and roll

This times a million.

In fact, no.

Do a three-song mash of Tainted Love, I'm No Angel and Light My Fire
Last edited by filthandfury at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by CTFOD
You have an 8-string guitar? I only thought they existed in cartoons and Meshuggah albums.

Good luck with yours too

Yes, the fabled beast does actually exist. Search Ibanez RG 2228. You should try the Steve Vai piece, or another. Perhaps The Riddle. All the best, friend.

- Adam
Thanks everyone, I think I may go with Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Quote by duncang

at his command
do a medley of orion and call of ktulu

or do orion, it's shorter than ktulu.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by CTFOD
Thanks everyone, I think I may go with Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Good Choice.
Sail upon the open skies
cemetery gates-pantera
aces high-iron maiden
glasgow kiss-john petrucci (is not hard till the fast stuff)
tornado of souls.

i know you like metal, but if you play confortably numb or money (by pink floyd) and you adapt the sax solo to guitar then they will be impressed...i guess...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.