Mmmkay, so I try to hook up my wireless router, it's a linksys router (The one with the blue plate on the front and such. Black antenea on the back... yeah...) and as soon as I plug in the power, all my internet lights come up. When I plug the ethernet cable from my cable modem to the router, and then the other ethernet cable from the router to my modem, it's not connected. Can anyone offer any insight on this?
Favorite bands at the moment:
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Between the Buried and Me
4. Queens of the Stone Age
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day
Dunno, you probably have to edit the router settings to tell it what type of connection you have.

Have you read the instructions?
holy sh** you have to same last name as me

Did you try the reset button?
Edit: this often solves problems such as intermitten errors
Last edited by Code Red Virus at Jan 20, 2009,
take it back, get Airport express.

also I'm epileptic, that avatar ain't cool
You have to log onto the Router Configuration Web Page and set it up first. You connect your PC to Port one (LAN side) and via Explorer, use the designated Web IP address in your manual in Explorer's address bar. For D-LINK it's 192.169.0.1 but I'm not sure about LinkSys or others.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
You have to log onto the Router Configuration Web Page and set it up first. You connect your PC to Port one (LAN side) and via Explorer, use the designated Web IP address in your manual in Explorer's address bar. For D-LINK it's 192.169.0.1 but I'm not sure about LinkSys or others.

I tried that, but I have no connection. It just takes me to the "This page cannot be displayed" crap. It doesn't give me any connection at all, it doesn't even say that my router is connected to my pc, which I think it's supposed to... *Is clueless about technology*
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day
Quote by Ledbetter12340
I tried that, but I have no connection. It just takes me to the "This page cannot be displayed" crap. It doesn't give me any connection at all, it doesn't even say that my router is connected to my pc, which I think it's supposed to... *Is clueless about technology*
Your computer doesn't know there's a router there, it's not a computer device, it works on its own.

If the router is plugged into your computer you should be able to access the router settings by typing the IP of the router into a browser address bar.
Ok, thanks.
1. Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
5. Soundgarden
6. Pearl Jam
7. Buckethead
8. Green Day