Hey people, I was wondering if I could have some help. I know a few basic scales that I use to impro with, however, every time I do it sounds really bluesy, and I want it to sound like rock, how can I do this?
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen
Well what scales are you playing? If you are playing the blues scale then there is your problem obviously. for a rock sound I would recommend you start with the Minor Pentatonic as lot's of metal bands use it. e.g Metallica. I would learn it in different positions and impov over.
Oh, I see lol! Thanks for your help, I'll give it a go haha, I feel like an idiot now...
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen
Quote by lee 31392
Hey people, I was wondering if I could have some help. I know a few basic scales that I use to impro with, however, every time I do it sounds really bluesy, and I want it to sound like rock, how can I do this?

stop playing bluesy stuff.

Your fingers only do what you tell them to, if you're not really thinking about what you play and are just kind of on autopilot letting your hand follow familiar patterns then of course you'll keep playing the same things.

Start thinking about the sounds you want to make and figure out how to make them, if all that's in your head is bluesy stuff then that's all that will come out.

It's got nothing to do with the scale you use, the Minor Pentatonic that was so helpfully suggested IS the blues scale - it's how you use it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com