ok so i was thinking, i found this carvin tube power amp for 600 bucks heres the link: https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=TS100
and then i foundt his ENGL pre amp on musicans friend for 600 aswell : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Engl-Tube-Preamp?sku=481526

both those together including shipping is gonna be around 1300 and thats about the same price as a 6505+, the amp ive been saving up for. So i was thinking, would this be a better idea to get than the 6505+, i think it is cause i will get a sweet clean channel as well a br00tal lead channel.
Yeah, it'll be sweet, but what about a cab?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
What? The man's got the budget for a 6505 or a rack setup and you want him to get a 6262? Doesn't make sense...that's a cheap 6505...?

Don't judge me.
get the bugera, it really sounds just as good as the 5150 (6505) I personally think it sounds a tad bit better, And I LOVE peavey amps.
I think the rack setup is the best option...with a decent 2x12.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Pg.inc_music
get the bugera, it really sounds just as good as the 5150 (6505) I personally think it sounds a tad bit better, And I LOVE peavey amps.

Except Peaveys generally don't blow up.
Quote by convictionless
ok so i was thinking, i found this carvin tube power amp for 600 bucks heres the link: https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=TS100
and then i foundt his ENGL pre amp on musicans friend for 600 aswell : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Engl-Tube-Preamp?sku=481526

both those together including shipping is gonna be around 1300 and thats about the same price as a 6505+, the amp ive been saving up for. So i was thinking, would this be a better idea to get than the 6505+, i think it is cause i will get a sweet clean channel as well a br00tal lead channel.

Yeah I'd go with that rack setup. Way better cleans, and I love ENGL distortion
WTLTL 2011
Bugera is NOT the answer to every which amp thread.

Get over it, stop recommending it.

If someone has the money to buy almost 1400 dollars worth of HIGH QUALITY stuff why would you recommend a bugera?

Some people lol..

Anyway, sweet setup. You can get some crazy intense distortion through that preamp, and... lets be honest, carvin is a great company.

Together with an avatar 2x12 with v30s, it'd be one insanely amazing setup.

You could also, down the line of course, invest in a gmajor from tc electronics. Or heck an eventide or god knows as many rack processors you want.

Good luck!

Also, I believe you could get MAB tones out of that.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I would go with the rack setup - that way you aren't sacrificing your cleans. The Peavey has brutal distortion, but the clean channel is "meh".

What do you have in mind as far as a cab goes?
acutally as far as a cab goes, im either gonna bundle it with the carvin V3 cab with v30's or something idk, i dont have much experince with pairing cabs with engls, all i know is that engls can have a hard time cutting though the mix cause of their mids so i might get a v30 cause it has a ****load of mids in it.
either that or i might get a avatar with hellatone 30's.

EDIT: im also gonna get a X2 with it, and whats a good rack case that has wheels and will fit all of those with some extra room that is road worthy and isnt overly super expensive?
Last edited by convictionless at Jan 22, 2009,
If i'd have money for original 5150 (6050), I would not buy some chep copy made in China by behringer factory...

Anyway, I'd buy that rack setup..
My Gear:

-Ibanez SZ 320 (Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz)
-Laney LC 30-II tube combo
-Yamaha C-40
-Suzuki steel string acoustic

+Lots of effect pedals and other crap..
An ENGL preamp and Carvin poweramp would surely be a great combination/amplifier. Do it! It will probably also be more versatile than the 6505 (not that it's bad amp).
and, i just found out where engl makes their money, in their footswitches..... mother****ers.
idk how this footswitch would setup like, cause it says i should get the midi box that saves it and stores all the setttings and then i have to buy a midi foot pedal set.
is there anyway just to switch from clean to distortion lol.
bump
i need some recommendations guys
i found out there is no such thing as mr.rackman.
free internets if anyone gets this joke.