Like the title says, i've been playing for a couple years and am contemplating buying a second guitar with a floyd rose. Would like to keep it around 400 or so and i am wondering what are some good ones for around this price. my gc's around carry most guitars but i haven't seen many schecters but tons of ibanez, epi/gibby, esp/ltd, Fender, and the likes. Any help would be grand.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Wampler Triple Wreck Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Don't get a Floyd Rose guitar, You WILL regret it, regardless of how good the guitar is you will hate it lol.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
well 400 wont get you a real FR

what do you play? ESP/LTD have some decent mid range guitars with trems. the MH series with trem is decent, or the V's....

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Check out the peavey predator plus if you can get one that plays nice, the floyd in there is made basically the same way the original floyds are, with a cast sustain block, instead of the cheaper counterparts used in some double to triple-priced guitars, of course with the lefover money you can have an electronic job made, if you pick one that's nicely finished with a straight neck & all, you'd have a customised monster for your 400 bucks.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
I play lots of metallica and hard rock. PLay all genres depending on my mood. Just want a trem to practise solos etc. Heard they were good trems.

Quote by Birchall17
Don't get a Floyd Rose guitar, You WILL regret it, regardless of how good the guitar is you will hate it lol.

Why are they bad?
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Also i'd like to try to stay away from a V. I know you can play them sitting fine it's just not the angle i like my neck at when i play.
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Well, for that price you WON'T FIND A GUITAR WITH A GOOD FLOYD. Except, of course, for a Jackson. Can you spare an extra $50? If so get the Jackson DXMG Dinky. Or, look used, there are often better deals.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i would agree haha
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
Make sure it's what you want, everyone I know regrets getting a Floyd Rose because of all the extra work.
is there any other trem that allow pitch bending in either direction
Current GEAR:
2014 LTD EC401
1991 Gibson Explorer
Digitech Whammy V
OCD/Timmy Clone
Fuzzhugger AB-synth
Orange Crush 20RT
TC Alter Ego x4
i would reccomed the
ibanez rg370dx - £270 (im assuming 400 was £400)

ive had mine over 2 years the bridge still works great and i love the floyd rose!!
what that guy said about hating them and regretin it is not always true
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i would reccomed the
ibanez rg370dx - £270 (im assuming 400 was £400)

ive had mine over 2 years the bridge still works great and i love the floyd rose!!
what that guy said about hating them and regretin it is not always true

You got lucky. Edge III's die pretty quickly most of the time.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.