Hello! i currently have a Martin 00-18v which i am having an IBEAM ACTIVE pickup system fitted too and a professional set up etc done to it can be gigged... Now currently i have a vox Ad50vt electric amp but am looking for something around the 200.00 mark in the acoustic amp range that i can use in my bedroom or small venues (if i can get one within my budget), not necssarily really powerful but something that will sound good with my high end Martin and good pickup thats been fitted to it....the last thing i want is to have spent over 2000.00 on the guitar and pickup and have the cheap amp make it sound bad! so if it means sacrificing volume for sound quality i'll do it

what is peoples opinions on the Marshal acoustic ASD50 amps? i know i can pick one up on ebay for less than my budget but i know cheap marshall amps are never normally good...

thanks guys!
For Christmas I got a Crate CA30DG. It has the volume you are looking for and enough high/mid/low knobs on it to find a setting that you will like. Plus it has a fair amount of effects (reverb, chorus, rotary, delay...) to sweeten your sound any way you like.

The sound is actually pretty good and the price is so right - $200.

i wouldnt bother with an acoustic amp.

usually a basic pa system does a good job.

not sure if you have pa starter sets available to you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks for the reply guys!
anyone else have an opinion on whether i should get a PA as apposed to an Amp and if this is the case what PA do you guys suggest i get? i am only looking for something for home use so as long as its good quality with sufficient volume and allows me to plug in a microphone and my guitar i'm happy! and within budget of corse

thanks again!
i own several acoustic amps, and that can be nice, but honestly, most of them, especially in your price range, cut the volume in half with adding a mic.

i would suggest pa system like these to try, but you probably dont have these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=phonic+pa&st=
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011