i want some sort of bass dist/fuzz
i have a ds1 i use for guitar and i think that that is not as good for bass so i was thinking of a rat or maybe a ehx muff? any one know that these sound like on bass?
analouge effects FTW!!

If you think Kurt Cobain was murdered put this in your sig.
look at the Fuzz factory by Zvex. (it works on bass)

Or even Caitlenbread pedals, i think the V8 pedal works for bass too.
Quote by Anthony1991
look at the Fuzz factory by Zvex. (it works on bass)

Or even Caitlenbread pedals, i think the V8 pedal works for bass too.

z vex makes a bass counterpart for the fuzz factory, it's like the wooly mammoth or something
Search Bar
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
wart is woolly mammoth? not the big creature?
analouge effects FTW!!

the wooly mammoth is nothing like the fuzz factory - it is a much more conventional fuzz (the mammoth) with a much thicker tone - much more bass.

the fuzz factory has a dramatic bass cut, on the other hand, so you'll get interesting yet probably unusable (for live work) sounds out of it, unless you're prepared to change a couple of caps in it to add bass, which is worth doing anyway really.
the mammoth.. :O:O soo awesome yet so expensive. i jus saw a demo if it.. hmm soo no on know tha thte rat is like?
analouge effects FTW!!

The long and short is to not use a guitar distortion unless you like having your low end castrated. There are exceptions, but these are a minority, and do not include the Big Muff.

Get a bass distortion or fuzz pedal.

bassfuzz.com has some good fuzz reviews, and if you want something more resembling overdrive, the Fulltone bass drive and the Sansamp bass DI are very good.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Look at the sig...
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
^that
Quote by fatgoogle
Search Bar

this

and bass big muff is good. cheap, easy if you aren't too nutty on tone.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
^this. The bass muff (and almost every EHX pedal for that matter) is great if you're on a budget.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
^they're great too
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
ehx bass muff it is
analouge effects FTW!!

btw for the power supply. i live in uk so its hard
analouge effects FTW!!

No it isn't. Boss sells a single pedal adaptor. Diago is a british based company that sells a very good powerstation.

You just need to look. A guitar shop will be able to sell you one for most pedals.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
u sure? i asked in my guitar shop and they sed it the only that they had was boss style. so bought one for my ds1.
analouge effects FTW!!

I'm sort of in the same position atm.

I've decided on a Bass big muff. All the other stuff was either too expensive or dodgy.
The devi ever cherry pop or w/e sounds good though..

This thread should now be about the cheapest BBM

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77568

that's the best I can find so far. And my mums going to England soon so we can mail it to a family member and she can bring it back for me.
Quote by jammy827
u sure? i asked in my guitar shop and they sed it the only that they had was boss style. so bought one for my ds1.

Boss style is simply 9V centre negative power supply, which is the industry standard.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by jimm, ey?
I'm sort of in the same position atm.

I've decided on a Bass big muff. All the other stuff was either too expensive or dodgy.
The devi ever cherry pop or w/e sounds good though..

This thread should now be about the cheapest BBM

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/77568

that's the best I can find so far. And my mums going to England soon so we can mail it to a family member and she can bring it back for me.

Companies over here generally only post to the billing address of the card used. You should check with GAK if they will ship to an alternative address. They do this to stop credit card fraud and the likes.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Jonnomainman
Companies over here generally only post to the billing address of the card used. You should check with GAK if they will ship to an alternative address. They do this to stop credit card fraud and the likes.

I'll just ask my friend in UK to use her card I think. Mum will give them the money.

Thanks.
Some pedals may have a "pad" switch on them, like my compression for example.

This cuts the input level by 15dB, its basically to stop your bass overpowering the pedal, if it's overpowered, it wont do its job properly.

Some pedals will have an input level knob, you would typically keep this low if you have an active bass, and high with a passive one.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Quote by Jonnomainman
Some pedals may have a "pad" switch on them, like my compression for example.

This cuts the input level by 15dB, its basically to stop your bass overpowering the pedal, if it's overpowered, it wont do its job properly.

Some pedals will have an input level knob, you would typically keep this low if you have an active bass, and high with a passive one.

Whew. I had a mini freak out there.

So the Bass big muff will be cool?

Volume/tone/Sustain knobs
It should work fine. General rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have a pad switch or input level, it probably doesn't need it.

The only think that you may find different is that your signal may be hotter than if you had a passive bass giving you more fuzzy effect.

Edit - the BMP is a pretty brutal pedal anyway so you probably wont notice anything. Remember to use the volume knob to make sure your unaffected tone and effected tone at the same level.

Gear:
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Last edited by Jonnomainman at Jan 24, 2009,
Quote by Jonnomainman
It should work fine. General rule of thumb is that if it doesn't have a pad switch or input level, it probably doesn't need it.

The only think that you may find different is that your signal may be hotter than if you had a passive bass giving you more fuzzy effect.

Edit - the BMP is a pretty brutal pedal anyway so you probably wont notice anything. Remember to use the volume knob to make sure your unaffected tone and effected tone at the same level.

Okay, many thanks!
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6864866
That was a lot of help to me as well.
Just one last thing. Sorry =P

When my bass teacher wrote down on a piece of paper what some good recommendations for my first bass was, at the bottom of the page, in massive bold letters with about 3 underlines, he wrote; DON'T GET ACTIVE!

so obviously I got active -__-
I forgot about that when I was buying my bass, and I just absolutely fell in love with the bass I was looking at.

About 2 days after, I looked at the paper and had an "oh shiii-" moment, but I can't think of any reason that he wouldn't want me to get an active.

halp?

Sorry to be a bother.
i have a bass fuzz for sale over in the gear ads.

MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz. let me know if you are interested