i dunno what to get. ive heard good and bad things about both.

are the MG or MKs any good?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Nooooooo!

MG's are horrible, horrible amps.

I don't know about MK's, though. Have you tried a Roland Cube? They get recommended a lot round here and I'm planning to buy one soon
Quote by Silver-spear94
i dunno what to get. ive heard good and bad things about both.

are the MG or MKs any good?

you already have an MG/practice amp according to your sig, why would you want another one ? i'd keep saving till you have enough to get a worthwhile amp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
ive heard them mentioned around the forums. never looked into them though, eventhough i just did, and theyre awesome sounding. i wish orange tiny terrors werent so expensive around here :L

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i would have had enough cash to nab a roland cube off ebay or something, but i spent it on digitech Death Metal. which i love.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

The MK is a bass amp. Get a Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well i shouldnt be for too long, my bday soon

and i get £52 on the 15th of next month after some odd jobs.

my guitar store seem to think the spider III is good, and their marshalls and peavys are the massive £1/2k ones

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

my guitar store seem to think the spider III is good, and their marshalls and peavys are the massive £1/2k ones

That's because they know you don't think they're bad.

They are bad.
Get a Vyper 15 if you want a small practice amp. Same $$$ as an Spider III, and SO much better.
Quote by Silver-spear94
well i shouldnt be for too long, my bday soon

and i get £52 on the 15th of next month after some odd jobs.

Your guitar store wants your money.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
IMO, the Marshall MG100 isn't half bad for the price, just don't make the mistake and by any solid state halfstack from Marshall.

if you're thinking about going tube, I would suggest the Tiny Terror from Orange, but depending on what you want to play I might suggest the Marshall DSL401.

EDIT: forget it, for 100 pounds you're gonna get nothing but crap that you're gonna wanna resell in 2 years, anyway.
Quote by JustinHorne
That's because they know you don't think they're bad.

They are bad.
Get a Vyper 15 if you want a small practice amp. Same $$$ as an Spider III, and SO much better.

yes.
Quote by CoreysMonster
IMO, the Marshall MG100 isn't half bad for the price, just don't make the mistake and by any solid state halfstack from Marshall.

if you're thinking about going tube, I would suggest the Tiny Terror from Orange, but depending on what you want to play I might suggest the Marshall DSL401.

EDIT: forget it, for 100 pounds you're gonna get nothing but crap that you're gonna wanna resell in 2 years, anyway.

the mg100 combo costs 450ish, how is that not bad for the cash? you could get a good tube combo for that price.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
From what ive heard, Vyper is the way 2 go. 15W
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by fifer
the mg100 combo costs 450ish, how is that not bad for the cash? you could get a good tube combo for that price.

*goes to re-check prices*

brb

EDIT: whoops, thought the MG100 was down at 339, my bad. (it's at 389, but the the Orange AD5 is cheaper, wtf)

forget what I said, you can get a pretty good tube amp for 450. I'd suggest the fender or Orange amps in that range.

man, I gotta stay posted on these prices.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 20, 2009,
I would Say Stay Away From Line 6.......They Are Ridiculously BAD!!

if you honestly need to buy an MG and keep it as a permanent Practise amp and then save on for a decent tube amp, because you may be shelling out abit more money but if you bought a small MG now you can practise alot better while your saving for your upgrade
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
oh, slight problems with tube amps, however: keep in mind that the tubes get damaged quicker if you constantly play at low volumes. no midnight jams with even a 15 watt tube amp.
if you need a bedroom amp, stick to solid state.
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh, slight problems with tube amps, however: keep in mind that the tubes get damaged quicker if you constantly play at low volumes. no midnight jams with even a 15 watt tube amp.
if you need a bedroom amp, stick to solid state.

If you're just gonna be practicing in your room, a solid state amp is best to go with.

And for good SS amps, check out the Vox Valvetronix series AD and VT (not sure of the major difference) or the Roland Cube series.

Do Not Go For The Marshall MG Series!
I vote for the Peavey Vypyr. Im probably gonna shell out for a Vypyr 75 one of these days.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I'll go along with most others here and say get the Vypyr 15. I played it, it's damn nice for 100 bucks.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.