I just got a marshall vintage half stack and its great but sometimes when i have the overdrive on the volume goes way down all by itself then a few minutes later itll magically go back to normal
someimes it happens if i step on my wire by mistake but then it takes a while to go back and i cant figure out the problem ive tried switching wires but that doesnt work so if anyone can help me please figure out what this is
its a monster guitar cable ive used it with my old spider III fora while and it worked fine
Quote by DKMfreak410
its a monster guitar cable ive used it with my old spider III fora while and it worked fine

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

I'm afraid you've just ruined your amp most likely. NEVER EVER EVER hook a head up to a cab with a guitar cable! ALWAYS use a speaker cable! Unplug it now, before more damage is done. Make sure the head is off when you unplug it.

Now, if this is actually the case, take it in to a guitar tech whenever you can to get it checked out. The whole thing may not be fried, and you may still have a chance. Again, NEVER USE A GUITAR CABLE TO HOOK UP A HEAD AND CAB!!!!
sorry for that double post no one was answering this one and i bet youre probly not gonna either now but i checked and it is a speaker cable from the head to the cab but its a instrument cable from the head to my guitar