Hey,

So I just recently filmed this Film Noir to Tool's "Ticks & Leeches" for my grade 12 Comm Tech class. It's only about 2 minutes long, so it won't take up too much of your time. I'd really love for some honest critique, so I can improve on this stuff in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1kFun2Wbzc

Hope you like it!
You filmed that? Looks pretty professional, good job man.

You could of included the rest of the song though
lolburger
Quote by freedoms_stain
It was very professional looking.

Just didn't seem to mean anything.

Ah well, thank you. I think that meaning is very subjective, so there could be meaning depending on how you are looking at it.
That was impressive.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
great filming, but like mentioned, needs a reason, it needs some sort of story, even if its not a story

either that, or make it more evident
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Dang, that was sweet...... I demand more
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
Quote by Metal_Militia15
I used a Canon GL2, and I edited with Adobe Premiere Pro 3.0 and Adobe After Effects CS3.

damn that bitch is expensive! But I guess for that kind of professional quality it's seriously worth it.
Quote by EZLN libertad
great filming, but like mentioned, needs a reason, it needs some sort of story, even if its not a story

either that, or make it more evident

+1

I agree with this. The filming was excellent. My only critique on that aspect was that there were a few times when the camera felt unsteady and wobbly, but that doesn't necessarrily have to be a bad thing.

The most lacking part was that I didn't feel anything. It looked cool, but I didn't get whatever message the film was supposed to send. Make whatever you're trying to tell more clear.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by CoreysMonster
damn that bitch is expensive! But I guess for that kind of professional quality it's seriously worth it.

Yeah, well theres no way in hell I could ever afford it, its a school camera. And to be honest, most of the "quality" of that shot was because of some filtering and color correction I did on After Effects. But thanks man, I appreciate it.
Quote by Metal_Militia15
I used a Canon GL2, and I edited with Adobe Premiere Pro 3.0 and Adobe After Effects CS3.

Is the camera yours or did you borrow it?

EDIT: ^^ Nevermind, I see now.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I do like it, but I wouldn't call it film noir. There isn't enough given away in terms of a meaning, for me to call it film noir anyway. But that's the thing with the term film noir- there's no decent definition for it.

Fair enough, but I'm just using the visual aspects of film noir, and applying that to my own idea. And thanks! =]