Here are the plans I have come up with for a build I want to try and do this year (all parts from Warmoth):

Body - V shape, Mahogany, Rear Routed - $200

Neck - Maple, Pau Ferro Fretboard, "Warmoth" shape headstock, - $298
Custom inlay - Trapezoids
Side Dots
Back Contour - Thin
24 Fret Extension

Pickups - Seymour Duncan Original Series - Invader - Bridge and Neck - $170

Tuners - Schaller Mini Locking Tuners - 3L + 3R - $51

Bridge - Original Floyd Rose - $170

Total (not including postage) - $889

It's going to be a stained red colour (done by me)

Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome.
You missed off a lot of things (electronics, strap buttons, nut etc), but sounds good.

Just saying, alot of people say bad things about the invader. I have no experience personally, but alot of stuff I've read says they're awful.

Some people also say you need a locking nut for an FR. Why don't you want to use one? (I personally hat the look and feel of the things).
Quote by supergerbil
You missed off a lot of things (electronics, strap buttons, nut etc), but sounds good.

Just saying, alot of people say bad things about the invader. I have no experience personally, but alot of stuff I've read says they're awful.

Some people also say you need a locking nut for an FR. Why don't you want to use one? (I personally hat the look and feel of the things).

I know I've missed quite a bit out, these are just the basics.

And LP, how would I go about ordering stuff through you?
Okay, I'll take a look at them.

Thanks a bunch for all the help man. I'm new to all this (as you can tell), and I'm like a blind guy in a minefield
What about pickups? Can you recommend a good set for Classic Metal/Hard Rock/Rock and Modern Metal? I also play a bit of blues
I love the duncan JB, its perfect for all of those genres. the 59' is my favorite for the neck which offers warm alnico tones for blues and great cleans, and the Jazz neck pickup is hotter than the 59' and has some brighter tones to it.
Quote by LP Addict
if i were you i'd buy an old aria pro II flying V. superior japenese craftsmanship, and they used very good mahogany for their transparent finish guitars.

Hey. Look in my profile OP for a shining beautiful example of such guitar.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by LP Addict
anything you want from allparts.com, 35% off to UGers.

the gotoh floyd rose is just as good/better than OFR.

REALLY!?

How much for a piece of mahogony?
Quote by LP Addict
im not selling mahogany right now, everyone bought up all but two pieces, and im keeping them for myself. i can get you some two-piece body blanks though.

I will have to see if I can find my big clamp then
But anyway how much for the blanks?

I cant find the supplies I need at the local store...
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by LP Addict
ill glue it up for you no problem. 75 dollaz with a center-glue seam and grain matched so that you wont even know its two pieces of wood.

Good deal man. I will definalty get back with you on that during the summer or fall. My building/shed is out of power till like april when we turn it back on.I had some cherry I was going to use but it was way to knotty. after I looked at it after sanding.
Last edited by Silent_Crow13 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by LP Addict
yeah warmoths prices are seriously ridiculous on stuff.

no way! example:

Schaller LFR from Warmoth = $165 http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/bridges.cfm?fuseaction=bridges_floyd_schaller

Schaller LFR from Allparts = $315!!!!! http://www.allparts.com/store/guitar-bridges-locking-tremolos-sb-0290-010,Product.asp

Strat-style body blank from Warmoth = $160 http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=S3288&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0

Strat-style body blank from Allparts = $230!!!!! http://www.allparts.com/store/replacement-bodies-guitar-bodies-sbo,Product.asp

now from this it seems like Warmoth has WAAAAAYYYYY better pricing. even with 30% off it will be close.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
^ :O

sure thats right lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
the email thing i got said 15% markup minimum, and considering im advertising all over the internet, it would be a good idea to not eff with them. i believe nuttinbutruble has the same pricing i do.

when i talk about warmoths pricing being ridiculous, i am talking about their woods and "custom made necks", their hardware is very fairly priced (alot of it is anyways), especially the fretwire.
yes the necks are a little expensive...(that is the one part i was considering buying for a build!)
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B