I recently got a nice 90's blue MIM Tele, which appears purple in some light. I want to make it my own, just by buying something or relicing the pick guard or something. Man it up a bit. I really don't want to do anything with the body or neck yet. But I'm considering putting album stickers (Sounds lame, but it actually looks good) on the pick guard. Or replacing the tuners or knobs. What do you guys think would look good? Maybe shoop a pick guard on there for me.....?

I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by LP Addict
not another person relicing a guitar.

godddddddd.

how about you IMPROVE the guitar instead of make it look like a 5 year old or 16 year old stoner got ahold of it?

Well calm down there son, I want to relic the rest of my pick guard because the old-ass guy I bought it from had either played it a lot, or smoked way to much, because half of it is yellow. I just want to relic the other half.

▲ ▲

***NEWSFLASH***

you make a guitar your own by playing it.

now the sports.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by grifff
Do something that will improve the tone/playability like replacing tuners/nut/bridge.

Im with this guy. Oh, and that guy that suggested a pearloid pickguard. That would look quite awesome.
refinish in daphne blueand tinted clearcoat nitro . . . add a rosewood fingerboard neck . . .

no i'm just being silly. but seriously, do it.
Get some active pickups for that bad boy, and i like the blue pick guard suggestion, that would be nifty.
Peace be thy journey
Quote by grifff
Do something that will improve the tone/playability like replacing tuners/nut/bridge.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna replace the bridge and the tuners.

▲ ▲

Damn son harsh words from LP Addict, but I can see his point. Put some stickers on that bad boy if you want, but consider replacing the nut, probably be pretty nice. Anyways my point is do what you will, it's your guitar.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
What do you guys think about putting a bigsby on it?

▲ ▲

If you do the bigsby get a new pickguard, if your gonna upgrade it you might as well make it look newer, not older.
dont do the stickers, i did that to a guitar of mine 10 years ago and regretted it very badly. honestly, do nothing. the pickguard is already aging, let it continue. if you play it enough it will get the wear marks from your hands and sweat all over it. my main tele is from july 05, and its already got dark streaks on the neck from playing, and the white pickguard was an eggshell color from sweat and bar smoke before i put a black one on.

if you wana relic it, dont force it, just dont take good care of it. i wax/clean mine after every 5 shows or when i replace strings to get dead skin, blood(i manage to slice my finger cuticles from time to time while playing... drunk), and whatnot off of it to keep it looking nice, but it still takes a hell of a beating. i love my guitar though, i'd never do it any real wrong. it lives in the case when not on stage or at practice.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
What do you guys think about putting a bigsby on it?

yes, do it

they have some with the fender F logo on them, but they'll cost you about $160, but they come with everything including a bridge and a nut i think, im sure they come in kits though

have you thought of being original and restoring it and making it look new instead of relic'd?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
do the bigsby and the blue pickguard with black pickups
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Black hardware and an ashtray bridge...
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Quote by LP Addict
not another person relicing a guitar.

godddddddd.

how about you IMPROVE the guitar instead of make it look like a 5 year old or 16 year old stoner got ahold of it?

HEY!

This 15 year old stoner made one of the best relics to grace UG.

You jerk .
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Lol, hey TS you should do what the guy in this thread did

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047522

DO THAT! that guitar is insanely cool looking.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Warpo
Black hardware and an ashtray bridge...

I'll probably replace all the hardware with black. But what about the neck pickup? Can that be black? Is there a cover or would I have to buy a new PUP? And I've been considering the ashtray bridge. Does anyone know how much one costs?

Quote by xyz66
yes, do it

they have some with the fender F logo on them, but they'll cost you about $160, but they come with everything including a bridge and a nut i think, im sure they come in kits though

have you thought of being original and restoring it and making it look new instead of relic'd?

I probably will, if I get more money for my birthday.

And I'm not relicing any of the guitar, just possibly the pick guard, but I doubt I'll do that now. And the only things that need restoring are the parts I've listed that I'll probably buy.

▲ ▲

do whatever you feel happy with

I would just make it look new and awesome but thats my opinion....
i think you should get a black pickguard, getting a blue one and having it match the paint would be hard, and if it didnt match it wouldnt look good. if you got black, 3-ply with white in the middle, it'll add contrast but still be wicked cool
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by reed12321
i think you should get a black pickguard, getting a blue one and having it match the paint would be hard, and if it didnt match it wouldnt look good. if you got black, 3-ply with white in the middle, it'll add contrast but still be wicked cool

That's what I'm considering. Just a 3-ply black one. They're also cheap as hell, which is a mega plus.

▲ ▲

not if he did a blue pearloid one
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

I'll probably replace all the hardware with black. But what about the neck pickup? Can that be black? Is there a cover or would I have to buy a new PUP? And I've been considering the ashtray bridge. Does anyone know how much one costs?

No idea on price of the ashtray bridge...

Black Pups?? Lace Sensors...
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
That's what I'm considering. Just a 3-ply black one. They're also cheap as hell, which is a mega plus.

get a chromed/mirrored pickguard
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Quote by xyz66
get a chromed/mirrored pickguard

bit overdone, also, it looks very John5
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣