So, i have borrowed my friends Warwick streeamer 5-string today. I have been playing for four years but this the very first time i have had a 5-string in my possesion too use. (Apart from trying out the sig jaco 5er )

The reason i got hold of a 5-string is because i have just joined a band that uses alot of drop tunings. I took my jazz and tuned it too C-G-C-G which didn't sound that bad, but i found myself hardly using the higher C and G string. I wanted felxability which is why i got hold of a 5-string.

What tunings would be easiest too use on a 5? I would mess about, but i wanted some input from people that have chnaged tuning too suit C before. Cheers

P.S: My ideas:

C-F-Bb-Eb-Ab (Half step up)
C-F-G-C-G (Not too sure)
C-G-C-F-Bb (Not too sure again)
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
The jaco sig 5? Wellll, its a Squire Jazz 5-String. It has the exact finish like the Jaco jazz, has the epoxy neck finish like jaco did, and has a slapping switch.

It doesnt say JACO SIGNATURE written all over it butmay aswel be.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Quote by Deliriumbassist
There was a 5 string jaco sig? News to me, that is.

Anyways, having the lower string doesn't mean you can go around staying in one tuning. Playing drop tuned stuff in standard tuning can be a bitch. Best thing to do? Match the guitarists.

Absolutely. Always the best situation, except maybe if you're playing in Meshuggah.
Quote by pandathe3
The jaco sig 5? Wellll, its a Squire Jazz 5-String. It has the exact finish like the Jaco jazz, has the epoxy neck finish like jaco did, and has a slapping switch.

It doesnt say JACO SIGNATURE written all over it butmay aswel be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Squier don't make a fretless V. Nor does the Fender Jaco sig have a slap switch. And the Squier fretboard is ebonol, not epoxy coated.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Squier don't make a fretless V. Nor does the Fender Jaco sig have a slap switch. And the Squier fretboard is ebonol, not epoxy coated.

Tick...Tick...BOOM. Right in the face, with his penis he done slapped you!
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?