Page 1 of 2
forgot the Vox AC4 and blackstar HT-5
and once you get to abot 30 watts, is it really low wattage anymore?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
forgot the Vox AC4 and blackstar HT-5
and once you get to abot 30 watts, is it really low wattage anymore?

low wattage but not low volume.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by jam979
The Dual Terror is 449 pounds, or around $625.

Got a link to that price? The amp isn't due our for a few months, and the only report on the Orange Forum is $900 at Humbucker Music

And the Rebel 30 is really just an upgraded Rebel 20. Basically what everyone complained about on the 20 has been "fixed." Same with the Dual Terror, it is just a response from people's reaction of the Tiny Terror, however still no FX loop. I believe the Rebel 30 is still scalable down to 1 watt.
Last edited by eurotrashed at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by jam979
The Dual Terror is 449 pounds, or around $625.

haha at first I thought you meant weight
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I hope Humbucker Music gets the dual terror soon. I'm gonna go down there and try it out and report back

It's listed at $899 there

Honestly, are you expecting it to be LESS than the Tiny Terror? lolllllll
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by eurotrashed
Got a link to that price? The amp isn't due our for a few months, and the only report on the Orange Forum is $900 at Humbucker Music

And the Rebel 30 is really just an upgraded Rebel 20. Basically what everyone complained about on the 20 has been "fixed." Same with the Dual Terror, it is just a response from people's reaction of the Tiny Terror, however still no FX loop. I believe the Rebel 30 is still scalable down to 1 watt.

http://www.dv247.com/invt/61878/
Although I guess it'll be a good bit more over here in the states.
Quote by jam979
http://www.dv247.com/invt/61878/
Although I guess it'll be a good bit more over here in the states.

Yeah, a Tiny Terror is $575 new in the USA.

Quote by Exo M7

Honestly, are you expecting it to be LESS than the Tiny Terror? lolllllll

No, but there is a range between $575 and $900 that would be a better price... You can get a nice used Rocker 30 for that price, which is a better amp. Or there are more advanced amps at that price that have a few more features.
Last edited by eurotrashed at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by eurotrashed
Yeah, a Tiny Terror is $575 new in the USA.

Wow, they really screw you over with getting it over here. In that case $900 sounds like a better number, unless you have a friend in the UK.
Quote by jam979
Wow, they really screw you over with getting it over here. In that case $900 sounds like a better number, unless you have a friend in the UK.

Sucks that the US uses 120V instead of 240V and different plugs....
TS, why do you sound sad about it being here to stay? It's awesome to be able to get good sound from a tube amp without going deaf.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
i drooled big time at that egnater rebel 30
i thought the 20 was good, this one seems even better
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by jam979

We had one of those in a German hotel for our American appliances. The whole unit fried and we blew the fuse to our room. Not something I would want to use everyday with my amp.

Where do I sound sad about the fad sticking around? Sorry for insinuating that. But I do feel that Orange is milking the fad in the wrong way, as the new stuff is wayyy to expensive for what you get.
Quote by eurotrashed
Where do I sound sad about the fad sticking around? Sorry for insinuating that. But I do feel that Orange is milking the fad in the wrong way, as the new stuff is wayyy to expensive for what you get.

I do have to agree with you there. Their tone is great, but it is overpriced. But eh, that's where Blackheart comes in. $350 for what is essentially a rebranded Tiny Terror. That actually leaves money for a cab.

I'd like to see a gutshot of that TT handwired and I'm interested in the price as well. I'd bet that any DIY'er could wire up something very similar (and probably better, with an actual TMB eq) for a lot less cash than whatever they're charging for a PTP version of that amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
I do have to agree with you there. Their tone is great, but it is overpriced. But eh, that's where Blackheart comes in. $350 for what is essentially a rebranded Tiny Terror. That actually leaves money for a cab.

Blackheart is COMPLETELY different than the TT circuit. TT is like an AC15 with an extra gain stage. The Blackheart is very different and has a tone stack in the circuit too. TT has a lot more gain.

I bet the price on the Hand Wired Edition is atrocious. I bet it is built well though, and would put the quality up against any other builder. But you are right, and this goes for any boutique or hand wired amp, if you have a schematic and know what you are doing, you can do it yourself. People have already made TT clones.
Quote by eurotrashed
Blackheart is COMPLETELY different than the TT circuit. TT is like an AC15 with an extra gain stage. The Blackheart is very different and has a tone stack in the circuit too. TT has a lot more gain.

Huh. Well then, that's one store I won't be going to anymore, local tech told me they were basically the same thing.

Also, as long as you have a TT, I was thinking of getting one, how are they?

Quote by necrosis1193
Huh. Well then, that's one store I won't be going to anymore, local tech told me they were basically the same thing.

Also, as long as you have a TT, I was thinking of getting one, how are they?

They do anything to try and push their products... just research everything before you buy anything anywhere because every shop is like that. They are both class a 15/7 watt tube amps, british voiced, but thats where the similarities stop. So maybe to someone else they are the same thing...

I love my TT. It is what it is. an FX loop would be nice but really the only effects I need are EQ, Reverb, wah, Tremolo, and fuzz and it can handle all of those. I played the Blackhearts and the VJr and I know I wouldnt have been happy with those stock, the TT has tones of gain, and I really do like the cleans, but its not loud at all when it is clean. Picked it up used for $400 with JJ EL84s and I put JJ 12AX7s in.
Quote by eurotrashed
I love my TT. It is what it is. an FX loop would be nice but really the only effects I need are EQ, Reverb, wah, Tremolo, and fuzz and it can handle all of those. I played the Blackhearts and the VJr and I know I wouldnt have been happy with those stock, the TT has tones of gain, and I really do like the cleans, but its not loud at all when it is clean. Picked it up used for $400 with JJ EL84s and I put JJ 12AX7s in.

Excellent. How much do you think I could get one for now that the two new ones have been announced? Also, could it get to gig volumes through a 112, or should I shoot for a 212, or, in an off chance, a 412?

Well the Dual Terror isn't coming to the USA until November I believe. And I do not believe they are lowering the price of the Tiny Terror. Right now they are going for $400 or so.

Lots of people on the Orange forum will do small bars with a 1x12 and a Tiny Terror, bigger gigs they will get out a 4x12, but by then the venue should have a PA and you would be miced anyway.
I'm dying to know how much the Vox is going to cost. I'm GASing for one so badly right now.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
I'm dying to know how much the Vox is going to cost. I'm GASing for one so badly right now.

the AC4 or the Night train?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by eurotrashed
Well the Dual Terror isn't coming to the USA until November I believe. And I do not believe they are lowering the price of the Tiny Terror. Right now they are going for $400 or so.

Lots of people on the Orange forum will do small bars with a 1x12 and a Tiny Terror, bigger gigs they will get out a 4x12, but by then the venue should have a PA and you would be miced anyway.

Hmm...$400? Now I need to order that and a cab with a new laptop and guitar... ><

Hmm...you think a 212 would work for most places until I need a 412/have it mic'd?(though by then I can probably afford a new 412 from the gig payments though)

Quote by ShredGod George
the AC4 or the Night train?

Night train. I highly prefer the Vox sound to the Orange sound, so this is like a TT-esque amp for the rest of us.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
Night train. I highly prefer the Vox sound to the Orange sound, so this is like a TT-esque amp for the rest of us.

Eh, I'm fine with either, it's really just the fact the TT is apparently about $400 now and the Vox is going to be $600 about if my crap currency conversions from Pounds to USD are right. IMO it's not worth $200 you could spend on an old, banged-up-but-celestion-filled cab.

THE TERROR BASS IS 500WATTS! neaat.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
XD Are you serious? I know bassists need a lot more power, but is it really needed to have that much more power? Or is it SS(please say it's tube)?

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 20, 2009,
In the picture, it's sitting on top of a 200 watt bass amp and it about a quarter of the size. 500 watts seems impossible in that enclosure.
Quote by stradivari310

You don't even know how the Night train sounds yet... it might sound like no other Vox. And the TT is basically a Vox AC15 with an extra gain stage, the voicing is very simular.

The Bass Terror makes no sense to me. I thought these amps were supposed to be low wattage, high sound quality amps for small gigs and recording. But the Bass Terror is indeed 500watts, and it is tube/ss.... So its not going to be the best sound quality. But apparently if they made a 50 watt all tube Bass Terror it wouldn't fit in the package... so instead they made it 500 watts... More powerful than their "full size" amps...I don't get it. Oh and the Bass Terror has an FX loop and the other Tiny Terrors do not! Freaking lame!
Quote by al112987
I'd like to see a gutshot of that TT handwired and I'm interested in the price as well. I'd bet that any DIY'er could wire up something very similar (and probably better, with an actual TMB eq) for a lot less cash than whatever they're charging for a PTP version of that amp.

$900 (if you translate the pounds straight to USD), which is decent I'd say. Sure a person might be able to a better job as a DIY'er, but that's always expected really...

Well now amp makers must just start to releas more 18 watters, they are awesome!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by eurotrashed
You don't even know how the Night train sounds yet... it might sound like no other Vox. And the TT is basically a Vox AC15 with an extra gain stage, the voicing is very simular.

The Bass Terror makes no sense to me. I thought these amps were supposed to be low wattage, high sound quality amps for small gigs and recording. But the Bass Terror is indeed 500watts, and it is tube/ss.... So its not going to be the best sound quality. But apparently if they made a 50 watt all tube Bass Terror it wouldn't fit in the package... so instead they made it 500 watts... More powerful than their "full size" amps...I don't get it. Oh and the Bass Terror has an FX loop and the other Tiny Terrors do not! Freaking lame!

i think that's the beauty of it

and the tube vs ss debate isn't as crazy as it is with us guitarists ha.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Well bass sounds great with SS. Our bassist uses a Hartke HA3500, the same amp Jack Bruce uses nowadays and he used to have tube amps...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Page 1 of 2