Hi, I'm new to the website. I bought a jagmaster because I liked the idea of the Jazzmaster+Jaguar and I thought it sounded good. I've been playing it for a few months now, and I'm starting the like the pickups less and less. I am considering Gibson 57 Classic and Classic plus (Neck and bridge) because I want a warmer and richer sound. I am using 11 gauge strings. I think the guitar sounds good, but when I bought the Jagmaster, I thought it would sound great clean, but I'm looking for something better.
It usually takes more than 30 minutes for solid advice, I would avoid bumping that quickly.

If you have a decent amp, sure. I hate sounding like a parrot, but what kind of amp do you have?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
I use the practice amp that came with the Epiphone Les Paul. sometimes I use an old amp that really is a radio, but has a plug for mic/guitar. it has bass/treble and volume for eq. there is an amp and a speaker. it sounds kinda muddy, but when i plug a pedal into it (without turning it on) it sounds great and when i turn the volume up to max I almost get a crunch.

mainly the 15 watt practice amp though
If you like the way 57 classics sound, put them in.

"Which pickup" threads really piss me off...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
It's an underlined blank space pickup thread?

Oh, well sorry, that's whole different ball park.

"Should I put XXXX in my guitar?"

"Do you like it?"

"yes"

"Then put it the **** in"

Is how every. Single. One. Of these threads goes.

Sorry many, but this is pretty simple. If you like them, put them in. What else is there to know?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^You know, a lot of these people have never used these pickups before, have never even heard them before, they just know the name. So they ask about it. No need to be snippy about it.

Quote by bigjohnstud9
I use the practice amp that came with the Epiphone Les Paul. sometimes I use an old amp that really is a radio, but has a plug for mic/guitar. it has bass/treble and volume for eq. there is an amp and a speaker. it sounds kinda muddy, but when i plug a pedal into it (without turning it on) it sounds great and when i turn the volume up to max I almost get a crunch.

mainly the 15 watt practice amp though

I don't recommend it.
You'd be better off investing in a good amp.
My bad.

Surely you know how it feels to watch wave after wave of the uneducated ask the same questions?

I'll go be nice to some orphans or something to fix my karma.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
i'd say amp first. honestly, you never really know what your guitar/pickups sound like until your using a amp of the same caliber. i thought my guitar sounded like crap and wanted to sell it when i was playing through 15w SS amps in my apartment, but when i plug into my 40w fender tube combo, i cream my pants from time to time. trust me, new amp, worth it. if your serious about your sound, which i'd guess you are from wanting to upgrade pickups, get the amp first. new pickups will make a very little difference on a low end amp setup it sounds like you have.
Quote by Øttər
My bad.

Surely you know how it feels to watch wave after wave of the uneducated ask the same questions?

I'll go be nice to some orphans or something to fix my karma.

Honestly? I'm sure there was a point in your life when you were uneducated! Unless, you've been always educated, but thats neither here nor there.

I understand that these do get old, but understand that there are many people who are looking for help. Sure they could find information straight from a searchbar or a google, but hearing from real people and their thoughts are always great.

For the TS, I'm gonna say upgrade you amp first. That's always a great increase in tone. You could upgrade a pickup, but if you're still gonna be playing in a practice amp it wont sound as sweet. So...upgrade amp first!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird