I was just wondering what makes of bass people thought were the best.
I have an Ashton (great to start with because it was cheap) that was my first bass and I keep as a practice but now I'm obsessed with my Warwick.

When I was buying a bass I obviously tried a few different ones and got different opinions from people I know so I was wondering:
a) What genre do you play (primarily)?
b) What make do you play/prefer?

I play Metal and I'm into Warwicks and Spectors.
Also I personanally hate Fenders. I've heard that BC Rich and Schector is rubbish too but I wanted to see what others thought.

edit your post before people see the fender hate..it's for your own good.

and i don't exactly understand your question

if you are asking what are the best bass manufacturers, it depends on your price range...for them rich ppl the ritters are probably the best (got to play one at namm ) they range from 2000 to 7000....

but for us normal folk im sorry to say(for you) fender makes some damn good basses
Last edited by slap-a-bass at Jan 20, 2009,
well it's obvious fender are the best manufacturer, they wouldn't have made the 2 most popular basses in the world otherwise.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Stopping right now.

He doesn't like Fender's, if you do that's fine, just don't shove it down his throat.

That being said, I like Spector, Peavey, Fender, Ibanez and Warwick.
Quote by JEP4
Stopping right now.

He doesn't like Fender's, if you do that's fine, just don't shove it down his throat.

who's shoving it down his throat?

he asked our opinions and we're giving them
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by JEP4

Other than Peavey, which I have no experience with, I feel the same way. Also, I'd add Schecter
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by skater dan0
who's shoving it down his throat?

he asked our opinions and we're giving them

Never said you were.
But someone will.
I'm not that big on Fenders either. I've only owned 2, but they both had truss rod problems. The first was completely defective and the other was partially stripped. Although, to be fair, it was probably just bad luck on my part.

I play a bit of everything and I like Mosers. They attract a lot of attention and are pretty solid instruments.
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
Personally, I'm a fan of Peavey, Traben, Schecter, Greg Bennett/Samick, Fender, and Warrior. That's not to say that's all I like, though....those are just my favorites.
Nope, no sig here.
Traben, Fender, Peavey, and Ibanez all make solid basses. I've been hit or miss with Schecters, but maybe thats just bad luck. At the upper end, Warwick, Spector, Musicman, Rickenbacker and Steinberger (even if they're so damn hard to find).
Not personally big on fenders but they're just not for me. dont' like the feel. I mainly play my schecter now, despite what my signature currently says. too lazy to change it. I also own a Dean(starter bass) a samick(6-string bass. would love it if it didn't do this weird chorus effect on frets 10-14) Ibanez(MIJ 4-string, love the neck but the schecter has the tone i need right now) All good basses in their respects. Dean as a starter only i think though.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
for my usual desired sound: Warwick

for that vintage thump or bump I do desire once and a while: Fender

for that smooth bassy sound: Ibanez
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I play mostly classic rock, and I love my Fender Jazz. I can understand that not everyone likes Fender (The same can be said about any manufacturer), but you really can't knock it. Fenders fit in pretty much anywhere, and you know what you're getting when you buy one.
I am a devoted Fender man, plus my idol Stu Hamm plays fender, and he is incredible. Warwick's really nice as well, and so are Alembic.
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Fender may have invented the electric bass guitar but Mr. Fender himself sold the company and went on to make better basses, MUSICMAN basses. Riks are pretty sweet also
I'm a prog/metal/alt-rock guy and my favs are Ibanez, Musicman, Lakland, Warwick. I haven't played a Ric yet but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one someday.
of the ones i have played, warwick, ibanez and rickenbacker.
personaly i'm not too keen on fenders, i just don't like the feel of them
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I don't like Fenders too much either.

For metal, I love ESP, even the cheaper ones are made really well.
I like Warwick too, but you pay for the name more than the bass.
Oh No you dont, Warwicks are quality instruments and i mean quality. I wouldnt think twice about putting 3 grand on one, if i had the money and knew if i could live with the neck.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Tad_Eats_People
I was just wondering what makes of bass people thought were the best.
I have an Ashton (great to start with because it was cheap) that was my first bass and I keep as a practice but now I'm obsessed with my Warwick.

When I was buying a bass I obviously tried a few different ones and got different opinions from people I know so I was wondering:
a) What genre do you play (primarily)?
b) What make do you play/prefer?

I play Metal and I'm into Warwicks and Spectors.
Also I personanally hate Fenders. I've heard that BC Rich and Schector is rubbish too but I wanted to see what others thought.

It's SCHECTER and try not to go off of what you hear. I own a Schecter and it out-plays most Warwicks I've touched, save for the Thumbs. Has a damn nice growl, too.

Also, for more vintage-y tones, I do prefer Fender. Jazz basses, specifically.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
I like Musicman basses and Fenders. Good versitile instruments.

Ibanez is great for the price. I'm not huge on the looks, but they are solid instruments.
I play jazz, funk, rock and hard rock and i like mah fenders and warwicks.
Wouldn't mind a stingray though....
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Fenders, EBMMs, and G&Ls. Leo got it right.
They don't really work for metal though, Ibbys work best for that.
All IMO, of course.