Im shopping for a new bass amp. I have a ****ty rumble 15 right now, and I need to upgrade.

I want an amp that will not get drowned out by a drum set or the guitar amp in a band practice. I was thinking 100 watts would do the job, but I played with my buddy's 100 watt bass with volume and gain at 10 and I could not even hear myself. They also play ridiculously loud, and the most sensible thing to do would be to just turn down their amps a bit. How many watts should I need?

I would also like an amp with cd input if possible so that I can play along with a metronome or a drum machine.

Here are some 100ish watt amps that I have been looking at:
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Brat-Pack-HalfStack-Bass-Amp-Package?sku=482546

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-100-Bass-Amp?sku=480198

Opinions?

Im also looking for whatever effect pedal is used by Bootsy Collins or Flea in Sir Psycho Sexy. Envelope filter, right? Which would you recommend?

Thanks
I'd aim for 200-300 watts. My LowDown (150 watts) was able to handle band practice with 2 guitars and drum kit but I had to really push it and I still was not able to come through in the mix very well sometimes (mostly when we played with distortion).
200-300 range is just about what you need
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
are acoustics reliable? Aren't they made by guitar center, like rogue instruments and raven guitar amps? I have heard mixed things about those, but i don't really know anything about Acoustics.
acoustic was once a well respected brand that made indestructable gear. now i don't know as i can't get hold of one to try. i will say however that the one acoustic i used was very boomy and there was little you could do to change that.

to the acoustic defenders. i used it into a trace elliot 4x10 so it's not the cab that's the problem and i used the amp every day for 2 years so it's not like i didn't spend the time trying
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I'm extremely tempted to get the 125w kg half stack. You can't beat the price and i have heard that kg is great quality. Anyone have experience with it? Would this work for what i need? 75 watts more is only 7.5 percent more volume, is it that much of a difference? And I guess if its not I can tell those ****ers to turn down their amps a bit. I don't have more than 500 bucks to spend on an amp and an envelope filter, I'm not sure I can afford 200+ watts.