So, my parents are making me buy my car, insurance, gas and pay for its maintainence before I'm allowed to drive. I'm a junior in high school, and always busy with school and grades so is it worth all that trouble to have a car in high school?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

its worth it. not much trouble at all, actually. just as long as (if you're buying used, which im assuming you will) it doesnt need any IMMEDIATE big work to it, like a new set of tires or transmission. for a HS junior, THOSE could be a financial bother.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jan 20, 2009,
That's up to what you want to spend your money on. If you want to spend it on other stuff, than no. You might as well take a bus and save money. But, if you want to drive yourself places (which I would, and do) than it is very much worth it.
Quote by paintITblack39
as long as you have a job, you should be fine.

I used to work, but because of *immigration problems* I can't now, and don't really have time to, I have a TON of homework from AP classes
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

it totally depends on your area (can you walk places), friends (who do you hang out with and do they drive), and your finances. if you can swing it, its worth it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Useful for dates and such, and just going wherever you feel like.

Sucks because everyone asks you for rides and gas is expensive.
meh, depends where you live.

public transportation in berlin is awesome, it actually takes longer to get places by car. so, I never bothered getting a car nor a license (1300 Euros)
It depends how many friends you have that drive. I was the first of my group of friends to get a car and things changed tremendously for me. So it was definitely worth it. If you have a ton of people to drive your ass around whenever you want, you could always hold off getting a car a little bit longer.
Quote by cloudjessie42
I used to work, but because of *immigration problems* I can't now, and don't really have time to, I have a TON of homework from AP classes

looks like you answered your own question.
If you can't work then you shouldn't get a car in your situation.

It really does blow being poor, in high school and jobless. I have a car that my grandad bought for me but I don't have the cash to buy an insurance because I can't find a job.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
It's worth it if you can work for it if you want a girlfriend. Dating is a bitch without a vehicle, I learned that when my broke down for a while. If you can bum rides to chill with your friends and don't care about a gf yet, don't waste your time and just enjoy hs.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Do it, when your in high school the Girls go after the guys with the wheels... We called them Tire Biters
Quote by Shaft77
Do it, when your in high school the Girls go after the guys with the wheels... We called them Tire Biters

lol tire biters. my dog was called that, before a car hit it. i love irony.
but anywho, if you DO get a car, thats the beginning of money leaving your pocket as soon as it gets there. make sure you have AT LEAST enough money to keep no less than half a tank in it every week (what i did anyway) and change the oil as needed. and idk if youll have to pay your insurance or not.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win