I don't know how advanced this, but is there any chords that can be played drop d instead of the one fingered barre. I just wanted to know..
Learn the notes on the neck, the major scale, and chord construction. Once you've tackled this you can play any chord you can dream of.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I'm quite partial to
E-7
B-10
G-9
D-7
A-7
D-7

But yeah, there's no real difference when playing in Drop D, there's no fancy new chords to learn lol
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by The_Sophist
Learn the notes on the neck, the major scale, and chord construction. Once you've tackled this you can play any chord you can dream of.

that's kind of a labor-intensive response to such a simple question.

dropped d messes with most 6-string chords, but you could always play all the chords that don't include the lowest string. in some chords, though, (such as D), you can add it in. also, a pretty cool sound other than the standard three string barre is to barre two strings and play the third (the high d string) two frets above.

other than that, just experiment.
It may be labour intensive, but unless TS want's to have to ask this everytime they go into an alternate tuning or move there fingers into a new place on the neck, thier going to have to learn it.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Last edited by The_Sophist at Jan 20, 2009,
I agree with above post. Also, like Ravioli said, you can use that chord, but basically extend every drop D power chord by playing the 2nd fret in relation to the fret you're barring on the G string and the 3rd fret on the B string.
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
From drop D the low E string is really the only thing limiting you. Drop D is made for power chords, but you can play all other chords as long as you dont use the low E
You can play any chord you want, the top 5 strings are exactly the same, the only one you need to worry about is the low E because every note has moved 2 frets along.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com