Page 1 of 2
Anyone play sitar? I have $500 and am seriously considering purchasing one and taking lessons as to enjoy and intellectualise myself with this hypnotically seductive instrument. Please educate me about all the traditional good-ness of sitars. Particularly what brand or what kind to purchase, for I am a self declared n00b of sorts to sitar. Thankyou.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
It's scientifically proven that if you are white and you want to play sitar you HAVE to grow out your hair, never shave, and consume copious amounts of cannibus.
Last edited by Powerhouse at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by joshua122593
I play Sitar Hero.

Thats so old. Sitar Hero 3 is the latest one. Get with it.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by boreamor
Am I the only one who actually hates sitar?

You must be.
I've considered buying one before as well.
But... meh.
Quote by that soccer kid
Anyone play sitar? I have $500 and am seriously considering purchasing one and taking lessons as to enjoy and intellectualise myself with this hypnotically seductive instrument. Please educate me about all the traditional good-ness of sitars. Particularly what brand or what kind to purchase, for I am a self declared n00b of sorts to sitar. Thankyou.

You wanna get laid using a sitar or with a sitar?
$500 can get you a hooker or two
Quote by Supertait
Thats so old. Sitar Hero 3 is the latest one. Get with it.

world tour?
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Where would you purchase a sitar that isn't the internet?
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Cianyx
You wanna get laid using a sitar or with a sitar?
$500 can get you a hooker or two

Damn, you go to the expensive ones!
8 posts, no serious answer? uhm,... LOLOLOLOLO

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
actually,
i have modded a telecaster into a sitar before.
just to get the tone,
and still play guitar oriented things.
If you can get your hands on an old
Danelectro sitar,thats the way to go.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpOKRu4B5w

Get it,
just so you can play this intro
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
pfft i can so whoop yo at sitar hero.

already beat "through the turbans and the leaves" on expert
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..
i'd love to learn sitar. i mean i am indian after all! my dad listens to alot of indian music!
Get an electric sitar
and a 6505
for teh br00t4lz
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
world tour?

Nah, Middle East.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Long shot but.... anybody play or know anybody who plays a shamisen?

>__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
One more joke about sitar hero, and I do believe I shall use the power of reporting. btw I could pwn all of you Ziggy Windgust

Fuck Canada
Quote by that soccer kid
One more joke about sitar hero, and I do believe I shall use the power of reporting. btw I could pwn all of you Ziggy Windgust

Yeah man! fvck people having fun with something. You rock!
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I was joking Jericho. however i do expect at least one serious or helpful response.

Fuck Canada
Quote by that soccer kid
I was joking Jericho. however i do expect at least one serious or helpful response.

mine was serious, although, you will have o learn indan musc,
the scales are represented sa re ga ma pa dah ni san. Sa bein the root note, and San being the octave, tere are many variatis o this. quitefun really. shae i couldt affordto keep it
thank you. however i asked about what kind or brand i should consider buying. but thankyou a lot lpjames

EDIT: i do enjoy ravi shankar, and many 60's songs that include the instrument which was how i discovered my love for the sitar.

Fuck Canada
****ing boring unless you're charming snakes with it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by bowdyyz69

jst buy this instead

EDIT: godamnit

There better be a special unlock for "Within you Without you"

Edit: and "Love You To"
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
is $500 'little money' in the world of sitar

Fuck Canada
Cool, I saw a Sitarist in India, he was amazing...and a hash smoker....coool
I do have a sitar, and I will tell you now, be ready for intense finger pain to start off with. Straight frets found on guitars and basses are luxury in comparison to the curved frets of a sitar.

Also, knowledge of things such as microtones, the sympathetic strings and one or two ragas will be a considerably good first step.

EDIT: And how could I forget tuning? Utter, utter bitch. Forget 6 strings. My sitar has 21.
Quote by The_Paranoia
"It's curtains for the Sitar lady"

E-cookie for the reference.

Courage the Cowardly Dog?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I do have a sitar, and I will tell you now, be ready for intense finger pain to start off with. Straight frets found on guitars and basses are luxury in comparison to the curved frets of a sitar.

Also, knowledge of things such as microtones, the sympathetic strings and one or two ragas will be a considerably good first step.

EDIT: And how could I forget tuning? Utter, utter bitch. Forget 6 strings. My sitar has 21.

pictures, or i dont believe you.

(although i already do)
Quote by ShredGod George
Get an electric sitar
and a 6505
for teh br00t4lz

i second this motion.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth