so i put an add up for my computer to sell on craigs list, and i put local only in the add. keep in mind i live in Juneau Alaska, which is the capital, and you can't drive out of town, you have to take a ferry or fly, and theyre both a pain in teh but. the shortest ferry ride is 5 hours long. and it costs atleast *without a sale* 400 dollars to fly to Seattle, Washington.

anyways i got this email back, and i can't tell if he's legit. and i wonna email him back (this is the second one, his first one i responded too said "please kindly respond back to me if this item is still up for sale ... ") anyways sorry for teh background info, here it is

Hi,
I really appreciate your response to my mail.I'm very interested in purchasing the item from you and i will instruct my bank to issue out a Bank Certified check to you.More so,i have a shipping agent that will come for pick up of the item at your place upon you received the confirmation of the check cleared from your bank.Kindly get back to me with your Full Name,Contact Address including your Zip Code and your Phone Number i can reach you on so that the payment can be mail out to you.I will be looking forward to hear from you asap...
Thanks...
Benson Collins

i got his name, and i put it on myspace to check if its a real name and there was 9 legit profiles with his name, and it's not a really common name.

anyways, should i give him the info, even though i said LOCAL ONLY PLEASE, or what should i ask him to see if he's really legit

HELP PLEASE!!
+5 roofle's if you know whats faster then some guy, of non specific race, running down your street with your tv.
i'm gonna go with no.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
'm very interested in purchasing the item from you

If he won't mention what the item is, or tell you the exact name of his bank, it's bullshit.
ah man, you live in Alaska. get the hell out of there.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
ha yea like i said it's just really expensive to get outta here.

i dont think he's legit though i'm gonna ask him who his bank is, where he's from, and if he knows what the item is.
+5 roofle's if you know whats faster then some guy, of non specific race, running down your street with your tv.
dont do IT!
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
k, well i need cash. so if your agent can just pick it up, then he can just give me cash in person.

and just for clarification, can you tell me what the item is that your trying to buy off of me. and what how much RAM is in the computer right now.

thats what i just emailed back to him. i forgot to say, the first email he sent me, is different then the second one. both have benson in it, 2 different numbers in the email. and one has some letteres in front of it and the other has his name in it.
Yeah.........your gonna get raped by a nigerian princewho will come to pick up your item at your zip code
I Like My Music Like I Like My Life

EVERYTHING LOUDER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE!
well i can, but i'd rather not, why ship it when i can get cash in hand and not have to deal with it.

plus i had foot surgery on my right foot on tuesday, and i can't drive right now so i gotta depend on friends and family to drive me around as it is.

yo hemi, i never gave him my zip code.
I call bs.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
so he never emailed me back

computer's up for sale, any of you guys wonna buy it

i'll give it to ya discounted at 600.

nice gamin laptop, has handled anything i've thrown at it.
I'll buy the item from you.

My name is Benson Collins. You can contact me through myspace.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
The dudes a fraud. I got the same exact email, and I put up an ad for wanting unused or broken guitars for free.

SPARTAedit: Errr, nevermind. Im F'd on pills and thought it was an Email I got. Carry on
Last edited by Ghost of Sparta at Jan 22, 2009,
1. Myspace is not a legit way to check if a person exists. Seriously. Even Facebook is questionable, although it's a bit more reliable.

2. How hard is it to get a hold of an automatic car to take to town to ship the thing? Also, UPS does local pickup and will come to your house to get it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
all i want is a local buyer. i will ship if he's actually legit. but this is partially why i want local. theres no BS its just hand it over in person. non of this waitin in the mail and waitin for his check to clear yadda yadda.

it's just so much easier local.

and no, i cannot see russia.

smartass