Hey guys,

I use Garageband and have run into a slight problem. When I'm inside Garageband and listen to my song it sounds fine, but when I export it, the volume level is very very low. This isn't just stuff I recorded through the mics or stuff that I played through the USB keyboard, it is all across the board; like someone turned the master level way down. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!!

Here's my recording setup:

Shure SM57 Mic (or) Blue Ball Dynamic Mic
|
|
|
V

Behringer T1953 Tube Ultragain Mic Pre
|
|
|
V

Yamaha MW12CX USB Mixer -------------> KRK Rokit Powered 5 Monitors (1st Gen)
|
|
|
V

Mac Pro <-------------- M-Audio Keystation 61es USB/MIDI Controller
Just check all possibilities in GarageBand Itself, try clicking teh Master volume track and adjusting it so when it exports youve got the sound you want, i had the trouble myself for a while

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
i'm having the same problem! i've looked through the help guide but it doesn't seem like theres anything useful in there.
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Basically what the problem is you probably have about 20db between the lowest volume and the highest, because you have maybe even just a slide or something thats louder than everything else, the max volume is going to be that slide. You need to limit/compress it to death so everything becomes louder.

Willieturnip is offering free mastering in a thread here, send him the song and he'll make it louder for you. If for whatever reason he can't do it, chuck me the song and i'll do it for you.
Last edited by doommaker at Jan 21, 2009,