I've already made a thread on this a while back, but I found an avt50 on the net for only $75 so I jumped on it. Unfortunately, It sounded only a little better than my micro cube , just much, much louder. So, here I am one last time to get me a new amp!! Songs I usually play are from Guns n' Roses(fav.), Led Zeppelin, ac/dc, black sabbath...just the usual classic stuff.

My first thought would be to go with a Peavey classic 30, but with a 600 budget, could i find something better than that used or for the same price that would match my style?
If your willing to look used and plunk out $100 to $200 more than $600, an Orange Tiny Terror with a 212 cab seems like it'd fit well.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Thanks for the quick response. I can go over a little budget if its considerably better. keep them comin'
Quote by nonamesleftWTF
Thanks for the quick response. I can go over a little budget if its considerably better. keep them comin'

Hmm...well, the Tiny Terror is basically, according to an owner on here, "A Vox AC15 with a gainstage". British-voiced, gainstage for the heavier stuff, though the fact it's class-A may be a bit of a problem as most of them used Marshall's, which were Class-AB, though I'm pretty sure both Page and Iommi used Orange stuff occasionally, so I can see it working greatly, definitely worth the extra IMO.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 20, 2009,
Not really.

The Tiny Terror doesn't have nearly as nice cleans as a Vox AC15, but it does have a lot more OD on tap.
Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...well, the Tiny Terror is basically, according to an owner on here, "A Vox AC15 with a gainstage". British-voiced, gainstage for the heavier stuff, though the fact it's class-A may be a bit of a problem as most of them used Marshall's, which were Class-AB, though I'm pretty sure both Page and Iommi used Orange stuff occasionally, so I can see it working greatly, definitely worth the extra IMO.

Eh, IMO the Rebel 20 beats out the Tiny Terror in every way. More versatility, more features, and it's not so muddy. I love my Rebel, and it get's GREAT Guns N' Roses tone, especially when partnered up with my Tubescreamer. I highly recommend it!!
I'd also need to mention my $600-800 range will need to include the cab as well. I prefer a good combo though as I'm only using it for practice.
Blackstar HT-5, and +1 to the Rebel 20. Add an Epi VJ Cab and youre under 800.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Eh, IMO the Rebel 20 beats out the Tiny Terror in every way. More versatility, more features, and it's not so muddy. I love my Rebel, and it get's GREAT Guns N' Roses tone, especially when partnered up with my Tubescreamer. I highly recommend it!!

*Looks up* Hmm...I must agree. Out of curiosity, is it US or British voiced? I've been looking for a good British-voiced stack or halfstack for my next amp, if it's British-voiced, I think that may be the Egnater.

It's got a tube mix knob, so you can choose the voicing you like...Modern (6V6) or British and chimey (EL84)
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Also, what about these little blackheart amps? Would they fit the profile, hell for 200 bucks for the Little Giant that would be sweet. Sounds like they have a great classic tone.

I should also mention I play with a epi les paul with alnico IIs if that means anything.
so would the Rebel 20 be better than the peavey classic, blackhearts, and blackstar?i really want a marshally sound, kinda like a jcm800 or somethin'.
Last edited by nonamesleftWTF at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
*Looks up* Hmm...I must agree. Out of curiosity, is it US or British voiced? I've been looking for a good British-voiced stack or halfstack for my next amp, if it's British-voiced, I think that may be the Egnater.

It has a 'tube-mix' knob that'll mix in or out the 6v6's or EL84's.
nonamesleft, what major city do you live near? What's on your local craigslist? I see AC15's in that range and plenty of other used tube combo's. Classic 30's go for $300.
Quote by gregs1020
nonamesleft, what major city do you live near? What's on your local craigslist? I see AC15's in that range and plenty of other used tube combo's. Classic 30's go for $300.

Little Rock is the only decent size town in several hundred miles from me. Pop is like 200k. Don't see anything worth getting in craigslist.