Page 2 of 7
i never tried a Blackheart on a marshall but i did found a vid on youtube.
this guy is using a Blackheart LG (3watt) through a marshall valvestate cab equipped with celestion 30.
he also used diff efects.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Converting the triode/pentode switch to a standby switch mod + wire relocation mod.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/amps/bh5h/index.php
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i never tried a Blackheart on a marshall but i did found a vid on youtube.
this guy is using a Blackheart LG (3watt) through a marshall valvestate cab equipped with celestion 30.
he also used diff efects.

Link?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
silly me i forgot the link

here ya go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lOAxKFWjw

Not bad, but the fact the gain comes from the Korg G3 kind of ruins the test, since Marshall's are known for their drive. ><

Quote by necrosis1193
Not bad, but the fact the gain comes from the Korg G3 kind of ruins the test, since Marshall's are known for their drive. ><

You would have enough gain for hard rock, and an OD would help you get there a lot easier. It's really hard to describe the voicing, it's definitely British but it's not Marshall. It has it's own style.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Well, could you post some clips so I can get an idea?

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
nice buy
you should try searching for the bitmo mod it gives you 3 different voicings.

Thanks. I thought it was a pretty good buy too. We'll see when I get it. I am also getting the Weber Micro Mass so I can use headphones and kill the volume down to tolerable levels in my small space.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
bumpin mah thredz
feel free to add me
Quote by necrosis1193
Well, could you post some clips so I can get an idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvHUR8ROHA

^ probably the best video for the Little Giant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVNJvW1NgU
^ with a pre-amp, but you can also get that a decent OD or distortion pedal.
Quote by Mr.Camo

^ probably the best video for the Little Giant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltVNJvW1NgU
^ with a pre-amp, but you can also get that a decent OD or distortion pedal.

That thing sounds epic. Alright, two more questions; I'm planning to use this thing at band practices and gigs, how would it hold up if I were using both it and my Blues Jr.? It'd probably be going through either a used Marshall 412 I'm looking at or an Egnater 112 new. And between it and a Handsome Devil, which should I go for?

Quote by necrosis1193
That thing sounds epic. Alright, two more questions; I'm planning to use this thing at band practices and gigs, how would it hold up if I were using both it and my Blues Jr.? It'd probably be going through either a used Marshall 412 I'm looking at or an Egnater 112 new. And between it and a Handsome Devil, which should I go for?

Well the 5W is really loud, and with a 4x12 that'd help. You have to crank it though, and if you want more headroom go for the Handsome Devil, I think the extra gain and presence knobs give it a lot more versatility. I'd go for the HD for gigs, but a Little Giant can easily do it mic'd.

I really loved my Little Giant when I had it, but I needed just a little more gain.
The LG can do small gigs. The HD will have a little more headroom. If you can afford it, I'd go with the HD.
Well, I get most of my gain from my Big Muff or my TS9, so headroom would be nice, but most of the stuff we play has a slight bit of gain, and like I said, if I get the Blackheart, odds are I'm getting an A/B switch and using it for drive and my Blues Jr. for cleans(Fender cleans, British-voiced drive. Best of both worlds IMO), so it'd be cranked most of the time anyway, though just having one amp in the form of the HD would be nice.

how does the tone of the little giant compare to that of an epi valve junior. is it similar or does one have more gain
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
tanglewood 1000 pu resonator
washborn acoustic
My Build
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ i think this could answer your question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roIqsFF3MZI

Not a good test. I'll be honest, the Blackheart needs some EQ'ing for it to sound really good.
Quote by necrosis1193
Well, I get most of my gain from my Big Muff or my TS9, so headroom would be nice, but most of the stuff we play has a slight bit of gain, and like I said, if I get the Blackheart, odds are I'm getting an A/B switch and using it for drive and my Blues Jr. for cleans(Fender cleans, British-voiced drive. Best of both worlds IMO), so it'd be cranked most of the time anyway, though just having one amp in the form of the HD would be nice.

I have been ignored... ;_;

Quote by necrosis1193
I have been ignored... ;_;

I guess you could compare the Little Giant to the Handsome Devil in these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykiak1PQNo

I would personally go with the Handsome Devil, more headroom and the gain is a bit higher then the Little Giant.

Here's an all-clean based video for the HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvtxIeOO_Y
Last edited by Mr.Camo at Jan 22, 2009,
Quote by Mr.Camo
Not a good test. I'll be honest, the Blackheart needs some EQ'ing for it to sound really good.

i agree with you.
but i think bluesnewb could see how the blackheart sounds like being compared to a epi VJ, but yeah it does need some tweeking.
feel free to add me
Quote by Mr.Camo
I guess you could compare the Little Giant to the Handsome Devil in these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykiak1PQNo

I would personally go with the Handsome Devil, more headroom and the gain is a bit higher then the Little Giant.

Here's an all-clean based video for the HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcvtxIeOO_Y

+1

necrosis1193 the HD is the amp for you.
feel free to add me
Hmm...well, it sounds like the same voicing, so I guess it's really just a question of power...eh, I suppose I'll go for the HD.

Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...well, it sounds like the same voicing, so I guess it's really just a question of power...eh, I suppose I'll go for the HD.

It is pretty much the same voicing, just a little higher gain selection because of the knob, and the presence knob brightens the highs a little and makes the bass a bit more articulated as well.

I might be picking up a Killer Ant in one of these next two or three weeks, my V33 has a 8 ohms speaker jack, maybe I can use that (no, it isn't the extension speaker). It says clearly "The V33-212 is shipped with a cable connected from this jack to the internal speakers" I think it would work fine.
im trying to decide which i want, the HD or the LG. im just wondering if the HD would be too loud to play in my basement, but i would like to be able to play small gigs (less than 100 probably) un-mic'd. i know everyone says the LG is loud, but is it loud enough?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
im trying to decide which i want, the HD or the LG. im just wondering if the HD would be too loud to play in my basement, but i would like to be able to play small gigs (less than 100 probably) un-mic'd. i know everyone says the LG is loud, but is it loud enough?

the HD is better if you want to GIG un micd
the LG is still loud as a trumpet.
feel free to add me
^do you know if the 7watt setting would be good for indoors, but when i play outside, or with the band/small gigs the 15watt setting would be ideal. same with the LG, is the 3watt setting comfortable indoors, and the 5watt loud enough to keep up with a drummer without being drowned out.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron
^do you know if the 7watt setting would be good for indoors, but when i play outside, or with the band/small gigs the 15watt setting would be ideal. same with the LG, is the 3watt setting comfortable indoors, and the 5watt loud enough to keep up with a drummer without being drowned out.

the 5w an my LG can be pretty loud, i cant even put mine half way without my mom complaining. the 7 watt should be ok at home volumes as long as your mom/dad is not a nois freak but the 15 wat can handle small to mid sized gigs.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the 5w an my LG can be pretty loud, i cant even put mine half way without my mom complaining. the 7 watt should be ok at home volumes as long as your mom/dad is not a nois freak but the 15 wat can handle small to mid sized gigs.

thanks, now i think im leaning towards the LG and spending the extra hundred bucks on a ts9 or green screamer, but im not positive yet, i'll just have to take a trip up to samash soon.
Quote by illuminatiano

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Quote by gnaraaron

Honestly, there isn't much difference in the volume between the two. It's more of a tone thing. 15w seem brighter and the 7w seems darker(in a good way).

I opted for the HD for a few reasons. Loud wise the LG or even the KA would have been loud enough for my home use(being an old man has its advantages as in if no one likes the volume they can leave ). The HD won out because it has a presence selection, it has a bit more gain. Now I use an attenuator and the volume is usually set at about 9.5 the drive is about 4 - 5 and the attenuator cranked down with a OD pedal boosting the volume and tweaking the eq a bit. That presence helps with treble the attenuator kills.
Yay for blackhearts.

Any decent opeth EQs?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
if i may be so bold, i would like to take this opportunity to show off again.

Last edited by daryle_goh at Jan 23, 2009,
Quote by daryle_goh
KH pics

what cab do you have
feel free to add me
Quick question; how does the HD's sound contrast in comparison to a Blues Jr.? I know they'll be different, but how so specifically? I'm trying to decide whether to get new pickups or a new amp first...

Quote by necrosis1193
Quick question; how does the HD's sound contrast in comparison to a Blues Jr.? I know they'll be different, but how so specifically? I'm trying to decide whether to get new pickups or a new amp first...

i never tried a Blues Jr so i dont know for sure, but i do know that its made by fender which makes american voiced amps. and the blackheart is a british voiced amp so i think there might be a big/small difference.

and this vid compares a crate a hot rod deluxe( which i think is close to a BJ) and an HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQJ3OOE-mw
not a verry good demo but i think you could figure out the diference.
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 23, 2009,
Hmm...well, knowing I already have a 15-watt tube amp, between a HD and a new set of pickups, which would you recommend?

Quote by necrosis1193
Hmm...well, knowing I already have a 15-watt tube amp, between a HD and a new set of pickups, which would you recommend?

well what pickups are you thinking of buying
feel free to add me
I like the tone of the Blackhearts, though they could use an EQ to fatten em up, and a compressor maybe give it more oomph.

Also, I dont think the HD would be loud enough for gigs if you have a drummer.

I may need 2 HD's run in stereo. Too bad they dont make a 30W or 50W.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.