hey Ug'ers, how are ya?

i got a real nasty bug in my comp and its drivin me wild.

its one of those pop ups that comes up every 2 minutes telling you that ya really need to buy thier crappy spyware blocker bullsh!t.

every time i google search something, or yahoo, whatever, it takes me to random pages when i click the link i wanna go to.

its completely killing my comps speed, i have 2 gigs of ram and it took me 15+ minutes to boot up today.

anybody know if any free online download programs that will help me kick this stupid thing?

or anyone suggest a pay- program that would work?

...but free is best

much thanks guys
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
My desktop was hit with something similar to what you're saying. In the taskbar, it ran as a program whose icon resembled the "Windows Defender" icon. If you opened it, it called itself "Antivirus '09," and tried to trick me into buying the full version of the "software," while it uploaded spyware and adware behind my back.

I managed to root it out in my system32 and Program Files, so I stabbed it in the heart and got it right there. It's been fine since...

Have you tried that? And if not, AVG has a free version that fights a lot off automatically.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Man, mine does the same thing.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by PlayMadness
My desktop was hit with something similar to what you're saying. In the taskbar, it ran as a program whose icon resembled the "Windows Defender" icon. If you opened it, it called itself "Antivirus '09," and tried to trick me into buying the full version of the "software," while it uploaded spyware and adware behind my back.

I managed to root it out in my system32 and Program Files, so I stabbed it in the heart and got it right there. It's been fine since...

Have you tried that? And if not, AVG has a free version that fights a lot off automatically.

That is a NASTY ****ing virus.

Even after getting rid of it, it ****ed my computer up so bad, I had to reformat.

Anyway, to TS, look up any anti-virus or anti-spyware.

AVG
Avira
Avast
Spybot Search & Destroy
etc...
had the same thing as PlayMadness
the files were deleted and i stopped it, but my antivirus still says they're on my computer, just not able to function
Quote by D&DLover
had the same thing as PlayMadness
the files were deleted and i stopped it, but my antivirus still says they're on my computer, just not able to function

Cut off the legs, the body can't move anymore
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
im tryin the system 32 trick, what exactly should i delete? i cant find anything that i think is it...
If it's "XP Anti-Virus 2008 (or 2009)", it's pretty much the AIDs of malware on computers right now. It's nearly impossible to get rid of unless caught within the first few minutes. I would recommend backing up all important data and then formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

Or switch to OS X or Linux, you will never get a virus
Quote by ChevyChe 23
If it's "XP Anti-Virus 2008 (or 2009)", it's pretty much the AIDs of malware on computers right now. It's nearly impossible to get rid of unless caught within the first few minutes. I would recommend backing up all important data and then formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

Or switch to OS X or Linux, you will never get a virus

aw man.... now im depressed....