Alright, since I don't have the money or will have the money available to buy a Shure SM57, I am opting for clones.

OSP DL-330 I hear is an exact clone of the SM57 at a fraction of the price

GLS Audio ES-57 Have heard a few things, but also negative. Clips of it sound brighter and more high-endish than SM57, which makes me question whether or not it's an upgrade from my current mic.

CURRENT MICROPHONE It's a bit too trebley for my tastes, but I got it for free with my interface

Any input? There's not much on the internet about the OSP besides some people on various forums suggesting it is an exact replica of the SM57. The GLS is noted to be close, but a bit more trebley.
Quote by timbit2006

A friend of mine used those microphones, and they broke within the first month

Not to say Behringer's bad, those are just made of cheaper components than the ones listed. I'll need this thing to last me a bit... a few years at most, and considering the price, it's worth it if they last that long and sound good!

Seriously, though, any input on the microphones in the OP?
See what you can find used?

That's what I do.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
See what you can find used?

That's what I do.

CT

Well, I found a SM57 for $45... pretty sure it's a fake, though.
Plus, I don't order from users who don't have at least 50+ positive ratings as a seller, and this guy had zero.

And any local sellers stuck at $85
Last edited by dudey5691 at Jan 20, 2009,
I'm personally buying the the Berhinger mics for recording purposes only, cause there cheap and I'm on a budget. On top of the mics I'm getting a new mixing board which costs $150.00 So, I hafta cheap out on mics. I have a Shure SM58 and It's got great range and it's very reliable.

As for the mics, They're both off-brands(No-name basically) I never heard of 'em before and I've done a lot of searching for mics in the last few days. I would say the OSP is a better buy. If it's ten dollars difference, go ahead and spend an extra ten dollars. Price relates to quality generally.

Quote by dudey5691
And any local sellers stuck at $85

Sucker! I get 10% off anything and I know the guy that works at my local store. He can pull a few strings.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by timbit2006
I'm personally buying the the Berhinger mics for recording purposes only, cause there cheap and I'm on a budget. On top of the mics I'm getting a new mixing board which costs $150.00 So, I hafta cheap out on mics. I have a Shure SM58 and It's got great range and it's very reliable.

As for the mics, They're both off-brands(No-name basically) I never heard of 'em before and I've done a lot of searching for mics in the last few days. I would say the OSP is a better buy. If it's ten dollars difference, go ahead and spend an extra ten dollars. Price relates to quality generally.

Sucker! I get 10% off anything and I know the guy that works at my local store. He can pull a few strings.

The behringer ones are good, no doubt, I just need to know that my purchase is going to last more than a month
Have fun with your recording setup stuff, looks good!

Yeah, pretty much decided I'm going for the OSP because the GLS seems to have more high-end than I want, and even though the OSP has a bit more than the SM57 it's not over-bearing, and as you said the $10 probably does equate to some difference in quality.

Thanks for the help!