25 28%
No, I don't wear a beard.
31 34%
I try, but lack beard growing skills.
34 38%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 2
[Spun-off from the "what makes you stand out" thread.]
It was brought up that alot of bassists tend to wield beards. So this thread is part of a study to prove/disprove that theory, and also as a tribute to the bearded bassers of the bottom-end community.

So, do beards/bass go hand in hand?
How many of you bassists wear beards?

Also, I cant help but feel obligated to post this picture :

Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
I have a beard, well did until a few days ago. I like having a beard though...except when I'm sleeping, when it's long enough to get in your mouth, that crap sucks.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Beards and basses both start with "B," they're both awesome, therefore awesome people have beards, and awesome people have basses. Why not combine the two into a low-end, thumping, bearded-bass machine?

And I would grow a beard but I'd look terrible with one. Maybe a goatee though
I grew out a beard as soon as I could.
I think it fits well with bass, and hides the fact I have no chin.
I've got a mini goatee-thing...

Jack Passion:
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Jan 20, 2009,
I either have some chin-cabbage, or a full beard. Depends on the season.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Troy Sanders also has a beard.

I originated it, though. Gave Lee Sklar the idea.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I don't have one, but the second I leave for college I'm going to start growing one of those metalhead line/goatee things

Also, this thread is so epic.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I would like to rock a small goatee, but I completely lack beard powers D:

I will stick to trying to get some rockstar hair. Kinda like Nikki... but... under more control. maybe some day I can build up enough mojo to grow a small beard... or a mustache... a handle-bar mustache.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Last edited by Tone Deaf at Jan 20, 2009,
What a useless poll! oh oh...um...

*anarkee realizes shes one of under a half dozen females on this forum and goes back to reading another bad issue of Bass Player magazine*
Quote by anarkee

*anarkee realizes shes one of under a half dozen females on this forum and goes back to reading another bad issue of Bass Player magazine*

its ok, we still love you

I try my hardest for just a chin strap or a goatee, but my right side grows more than the left and I keep getting yelled at to shave. I need to invest in a trimmer lol
I Like Green!
if it could grow one i wouldnt. it doesnt look right on me.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by anarkee

You try but lack the skills, lol.

I would, but work requires me to be clean shaven.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
What kind job requires you to not have a beard? Just claim you've converted to Orthodox Judaism. If they still won't let you, sue
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
It's my first year at college. I started playing bass when some of my hallmates decided we were going to make a band and my trombone didn't fit too well. We then decided to do "no-shave November". This led to our being ostracized from our families during Thanksgiving break until we shaved (The keyboardist's parents said he looked like a terrorist ). There are no longer any beards on my hall.
Quote by kugelspot
What kind job requires you to not have a beard? Just claim you've converted to Orthodox Judaism. If they still won't let you, sue

I don't know if its still true but at one time, if you worked for the Disney organization, they had an incredibly strict dress and appearance code, including no facial hair for men.

Which is odd since Uncle Walt had a mustache.
i have a beard

soon i shall perform an experiment.

i shall shave my beard and see how my bass playing is affected. It is my hypothesis that my beard is the source of my bass playing ability
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I thinks beards are the bess knees, ive got my stuble growing. Maybe one day i ll have the full works.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
who can't love a nice manly Neil Fallon style beard.

I rock the Sideburns man.

Nice big chops.

School makes me shave off all facial hair... but I always leave a couple neat straight sideburns... I'm so punk rawk
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
I had a GREAT beard for about a year, then shaved it off for work. Now I have a girlfriend and if I grow back the beard... there goe sextra-curricular activities.

It was awesome though, a mennonite/terrorist/orthodox jew/birdsnest beard... I could hide pens, lighters, and scissors in it, and shaving it off took over an hour. This was all before my bass days though.
Quote by Trickycindy
You're a f*cking wanker.

Quote by JC13
@Prole... Magnificent...

Quote by ZanasCross
Thanks sir. Unbanned.
Quote by skater dan0
i have a beard

soon i shall perform an experiment.

i shall shave my beard and see how my bass playing is affected. It is my hypothesis that my beard is the source of my bass playing ability

Pah, what ability? . Just kidding.

I have a goatee - I'm bloody sexy. So yeah, beards are cool
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by kugelspot

I work at a hotel, I'm allowed a beard, but not allowed to grow one, eg no stubble, or half beards.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
i'm amazed at how even this poll is
20-21-20 after i voted..

as for me, i lack the required skills for beardage
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by Prole
I had a GREAT beard for about a year, then shaved it off for work. Now I have a girlfriend and if I grow back the beard... there goe sextra-curricular activities.

Really? My girlfriend gets pissed when I shave off my beard. She digs the fuzzy kisses
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
Really? My girlfriend gets pissed when I shave off my beard. She digs the fuzzy kisses

I have that exact same problem! Your girlfriend gets pissed when I shave off my beard!

I have a gig tomorrow, and I require some beard maintainence. I like to give it a shape and have it 3/8" long. It's very long and the shape is gone. I plan on wearing my infamous Maple Laughs jersey tomorrow. I don't know whether I should tidy up the beard and get a haircut, or go full-on mountain-man a la my Hard Rock gig.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
mountain man all the way
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
You're Canadian--you're supposed to look like some wild trapper, live in the wild Mountain Man.
I wish I could grow a beard....
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by thefitz
I have that exact same problem! Your girlfriend gets pissed when I shave off my beard!

I have a gig tomorrow, and I require some beard maintainence. I like to give it a shape and have it 3/8" long. It's very long and the shape is gone. I plan on wearing my infamous Maple Laughs jersey tomorrow. I don't know whether I should tidy up the beard and get a haircut, or go full-on mountain-man a la my Hard Rock gig.

Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Page 1 of 2