I got a MIM Fender Strat HSS this month for $250 used from GC. At the time I thought this was a great deal as a backup guitar since my band will be gigging soon. Now Im starting to think otherwise. It definitely needs some fret work and I hate to put another $100 into it for that. I also already have an HSS Strat in sunburst, so having 2 is seeming kind of pointless.

I was checking out some guitars around that price and came across the Epiphone LP100. Any thoughts on that or others? Or should I just keep this? Thanks guys
The MIM Strat beats the LP100 by SO much. It's worth putting the $100 into it for the fret work.
+1 the LP 100 is a piece of crap that is called a guitar
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The LP 100 is sad. I regret ever having that thing, good thing I upgraded to a Standard.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Haha well I guess that cancels out the LP then. Any other Epiphones-SG or LP in the $300 price range that compare to the MIM Strat?
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Haha well I guess that cancels out the LP then. Any other Epiphones-SG or LP in the $300 price range that compare to the MIM Strat?

Not in my opinion. I love MIM Strats especially for the price.
a 2x used guitar wont get much 2nd hand value. might as well re-fret it and keep it as a double.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
a 2x used guitar wont get much 2nd hand value. might as well re-fret it and keep it as a double.

a "2x used" guitar will probably get very close to a "1x used" guitar. unlike cars, the value of guitars generally doesn't decrease as the number of owners increases so long as the condition doesn't drastically change. in fact I usually sell guitars for more than I purchased them for, most often because the person I bought it from didn't describe or photograph it sufficiently (ebay). If you want to sell it, chances are you could get about $300 for it if you describe it well. Try craigslisting it. and if you're looking for an SG, the g400 is a common option, but keep an eye for any elitists that might float up into your price rangee.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Try to get a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard, it is exactly what you are looking for.

If you are not able to get that, a Epiphone G-400 is a good instrument.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
you can swap the frets that need the most work.

polish the rest, and use any extra budget money to swap out a pickup in it to make it different from your other strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Since I financed it thru GC, Im pretty much stuck there and a LP Stand is $650 which is too high. Sucks. Anyway, what do you guys think of the Duncan SH-4 and SH-5 pickups as a replacement for the stock one on the Strat?