Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, but I'm in class right now and I'm writing an essay about masculinity in metal and I'd like to know who was really the first girl in heavy metal?
Kthnx!
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Lita Ford or someone like that. No one say The Great Kat. That woman is beyond terrifying and will bring back respressed memories...
The chicks in Girlschool perhaps.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Quote by nebraskan
Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, but I'm in class right now and I'm writing an essay about masculinity in metal and I'd like to know who was really the first girl in heavy metal?
Kthnx!

your writing an essay about masculinity and you need to to know about female rockers?
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Siege of Power
your writing an essay about masculinity and you need to to know about female rockers?

...how is that hard to grasp at all? males and females are related, in case you didn't know. something discussing one is obviously going to mention the other.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by severed-metal
Lita Ford or someone like that. No one say The Great Kat. That woman is beyond terrifying and will bring back respressed memories...

Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
haw haw haw He got molested by a crappy shredder.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Lita Ford or Joan Jett, both in the first all female Hard Rock band, The Runaways
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by MetalMessiah665
haw haw haw He got molested by a crappy shredder.

My blood is in her makeup!!!
In my opinion, I would say some of Janis Joplin's stuff was very heavy.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Good job I already said it then innit?
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
depends on what you consider heavy metal and how far back it goes. like, Led Zeppelin isnt really metal at all but is considered one of the first.
Try the bands Acid and Detente, wouldn't have been the first but still quite early on - especially Acid
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Warlock was quite early on as well. I just looked up Acid and their first release was in '81, which is about a year earlier than Warlock were formed.
I've found Jesus
Jinx Dawson

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Nice try but Coven were barely metal
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Don't test me boy
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
unless you go really underground, i'd assume girlschool were the first well-known female metal band. the runaways had more of a proto-punk sound (just listen to cherry bomb and try to tell me that's metal...)

and i'm pretty sure doro has only been around since the 80's right?
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by nebiru
Don't test me boy

Go listen to it again then

It's not metal!!!