Page 1 of 3
Searched for "local scene" and nothing came up so thought I'd start a local scene thread.

What's the local music scene like in your area? Any good bands, clubs?

I was just wondering because I just got back from a local gig yesterday and it was actually pretty damn good.

I live near Seoul, South Korea, and I dunno if it's because everything's so concentrated in the capital but it's a really fun place (music-wise)to hang out on the weekends. The funny thing is that there's this certain part of Seoul that's like the host to all semi-underground culture, so all the artists, musicians (punk, ska, indie, rock, hip hop, house DJs) congregate there. It's pretty cool cause you can get all kinds of music without having to move around so much.

What about you?
I'm in Cleveland, you can drive in a random direction and find something half decent.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Mix of alt/indie rock, rap, and metal.

EDIT: Oh, and Jazz.
Last edited by goest at Jan 20, 2009,
A lot of metal bands that suck......

And a lot of great bluegrass musicians.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Mine is REALLY small.

There are a few bands in my town, but they are just garage/small gig bands, none are famous.

Although, the town over from me has Loria Music, which is an music shop that is big in the NJ scene and has been around for a really long time. They have a bad budget though. The people who work there are awesome, and they know what they are talking about.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
The Eagles and Disco because the average age on my street HAS to be over 40....
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill
I'm the only old school metal head around. All the other kids that listen to metal are into that screamo sh.t. Not to mention I'm probably the only one who takes guitar seriously here.
About ten minutes fro me is the apparently famous "Muddy Water Tavern", and they have bluegrass/country bands come and play every so often.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Non-existent

this. My band is the only one in our town. (Rock)

this thread has been done recently I think.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
hardcore everything is hardcore

it sucks
d[(x)(x)]b

Quote by TomD03

we'd sit in the basement and i'd do a little "I'll show u mine if you show me yours" so i had 3 baby vaginas staring at me

R.I.P. Billy Mays
At my high school we have a bunch of generic indie rock sounding bands one hard rock band and a melodic death metal band. We used to have a really good post-metal band I got their CD.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
+1

Northern New Jersey's music scene can go fuck itself.

CENTRAL!!! go 10 min. to rutgers campus and it kicks ass.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

any subgenre of metal is all pretty much. decent revival of punk going on though. and a handfull of people around here are starting pop-punk ish bands again
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I live in Denver, it's all post-hardcore ****. Although, there are some pretty cool metal bands around.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Marshall Valvestate VS65R
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Quote by goodlifebadlife
I couldnt belive that the butler was the murdere, that was really strange. Seeing as he was also a robot. From the past. And a sea monster.
Lexington - Nothin but rap and the most bad ass O.G.'s around.

Seriously though the music scene sucks.
Sail upon the open skies
there is a mixture of music types in my neighborhood. mostly scene kids and hip hop people, idk what to call them if i call them something wrong they'll bus' a cap. lol
(:

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
in terms of rock music; hardcore, emo, post-hardcore
plenty more out there but a good sum of my friends, about all of them, listen to the above. going to concerts alone isnt so fun
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
The Boston scene pwns. ^^ Plymouth is a country-loving community though. D:
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I just moved here, but we live within walking distance of half of Sydney's independent music shops and a legendary music pub, so I'm guessing it's pretty good.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Where I live the music scenes pretty small. But recently guitarists have been collaborateing with th local rappers, some good stuff.
there is no quote in this box
There's an amazing punk scene about 20 minutes away from me. The venues are generally basements or community centers which is much better than bars and clubs imo.

In my town all there is is a ****ty high school metalcore scene, but it's no big deal just to go a little further and get much better music.

Quote by BelowZero
CENTRAL!!! go 10 min. to rutgers campus and it kicks ass.

So true, New Brunswick has an awesome punk scene, it really is great. Brooklyn which is about 30 minutes from NJ also has awesome punk and indie scenes. People in NJ really have no right to complain about music scenes.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Jan 20, 2009,
It isn't.
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Now that I think about it, we have all kinds. Emo/screamo, ska, alternative, metal, hip hop, gangsta rap (norteno gang rap lol). But its all really really local. Nothing big.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
lots of bluegrass, and blues bands. and a couple punk bands
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
In my neighborhood, there's a next door neighbor who plays guitar. I've overheard him from his garage at night, playing some tasty blues licks. Another next door neighbor plays the drums. Both are 40-somethings, married with kids though. But the drummer's in a band.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
My neighbors listen to Kid Rock when they throw parties and get drunk and think it's okay to annoy me.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
we've got some good bands like casting shadows that have a lot of potential. i had spanish class with their drummer and he showed me some of their music. it kinda reminded me of zeppelin. other than them there's a few other bands, but i don't know anything about them. Black Stone Cherry is from our area. my friend and former bassist's mom has connections with them. I just recently realized how big they are. we saw them live at the convention center in Cave City

EDIT: there's also a few country bands (I AM in Kentucky after all)
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Jan 20, 2009,
In my halls at uni, the only songs youl ever hear are:
sex on fire - kings of leon
that "meay ya hee, meay ya ho" **** rap song
and a **** load of rap.
and its usually on at like 3/4 a.m so i cant exactly get them back by playing stuff like immortal, megadeth etc through my amp
A bunch of pretty good bands that are small and not-famous.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Page 1 of 3