Hey, everyone, i'm new at replacing pickups and all that, and as such i have a question (and a story attached to it).
so, i had one of my dad's friends, who knows all about pickup wiring and all that, install a seymour duncan invader into the bridge of my washburn X12. we tested it out through a mini amp he brought along, and it worked perfectly. from there i brought it home, and decided to re-string it.
now comes the complication; the pickup now has no sound. at first my tuner didn't pick it up, so i tried it through my amp, and only the neck pickup worked. the bridge has no sound, no matter whether its alone, or combined with the neck.
so, here's my question; did some wiring (specifically the ground wire) come loose, or was the soldering job he did faulty? the guy really knows his stuff, and when i checked the interior, nothing seemed to have detached, so i'm stumped. the third possibility is that the cheapy parts inside the guitar failed soon after the installation. so... help?
(if any of this is unclear, please let me know)
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
Is the volume turned up?

Not joking man, it can happen....
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
check the soldering points they could have broke.

They broke inside my SM57 mic, how i dont know but they did. so Ya check that.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Øttər
Is the volume turned up?

Not joking man, it can happen....

yup, the volume was definitely turned up
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
must be some kind of new jersey curse. i just rewired my pups, something i've done a jillion times, and only the neck pup is currently working. after finding absolutley nothing wrong anywhere with my wiring and completely re wiring it up again i decided to order a new bridge volume pot to see if that was the culprit. i'll find out in a few days when the part gets here. i'm really puzzled.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
this happened to me one time,
just check the soldering.
hats most likely your problem.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.