So I had a jam session with my Crate V33 to push out the volume and try out some pedals my friends have. I put in an EXH Metal Muff straight into the input, a horribly, very shrill distortion came from it. I tried the effects send, didn't work either.

So here's what the manual says:

Effect Send: Use this 1/4" TS jack to send the signal to an external effects box.

Effect Return: Use this 1/4" TS jack to return the signal from an external effects box.

I usually just put it through the input in my HD.
It's probably an obvious answer, but we all have those moments.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Dirt always should go straight into the input.

EQ problems?
Quote by imgooley
Dirt always should go straight into the input.

EQ problems?

+1

Putting a distortion pedal in the effects loop means your signal is being EQ'ed and what not by the preamp THEN going to the distortion which generally ends with bad results tone wise.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by Mr.Camo
So I had a jam session with my Crate V33 to push out the volume and try out some pedals my friends have. I put in an EXH Metal Muff straight into the input, a horribly, very shrill distortion came from it. I tried the effects send, didn't work either.

So here's what the manual says:

Effect Send: Use this 1/4" TS jack to send the signal to an external effects box.

Effect Return: Use this 1/4" TS jack to return the signal from an external effects box.

I usually just put it through the input in my HD.
It's probably an obvious answer, but we all have those moments.

The MetalMuff is a Distortion pedal, not an Overdrive or Boost which sounds like that's what you were trying to use it as.

Were you using the Metal Muff on the clean channel of your amp?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
idk, my palo doesn't like my fuzz factory. it's really harsh through it. i guess the palomino's/v-series just don't like high-gain pedals
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
idk, my palo doesn't like my fuzz factory. it's really harsh through it. i guess the palomino's/v-series just don't like high-gain pedals

Fuzz Factory's are naturally harsh.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by spiff389

I run my V33 on channel 2 with my big muff while being boosted with an OD, so IDK.
I was running it on the clean channel, I was trying to use it for distortion. I'm pretty sure it was EQ problems because the Metal Muff has it's own EQ unless it's turned down all the way.

Man, I was thinking of that, but it just slipped my mind.

I told you guys in the first post it'd be an obvious answer.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Quote by imgooley
I run my V33 on channel 2 with my big muff while being boosted with an OD, so IDK.

how high is your gain on channel 2? i've found on the drive channel it turns into a not-harsh-at-all muddy mess. i boost my fuzz factory w/ my od pedal too, btw
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.