The bar for my screw-in synchronized tremolo is kinda loose, and sometimes buzzes when I'm playing. What should I do to make it tighter?

Thanks
You're screw in tremolo arm is loose?

Screw it in farther.

Are you serious?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
haha what a stupid question....

I also have a question too, I have a strat and the trem bar is like jammed in the socket thing. The bar moves up and down without moving the bridge. I would say its snapped off in there, but i can't get it out?
I've been away for a few hours so I'll now make an answer to your pointless replies.

Either you're both ****ing retarded or you misunderstood the question. The bar wiggles and rattles around inside the socket that holds the bar. It keeps doing so unless I tighten it all the way, at which point the bar is parallel to the strings and is pointing away from the neck, and I can't control it properly if it's like this.

And to guitarcam123, your question makes no sense to me and you're hijacking my thread, but because I want you to GTFO, I'll try to give you an answer. If my interpretation of your question is right, you're saying that the bar is jammed inside the trem, but that the bar moves without moving the trem (makes no sense). If the bar moves, why can't you just rip it out? Then get a hex key or something that fits inside the socket, put superglue on the end of it and try to attach it to the broken part that's still inside the socket and you can screw it out.

Please, if you guys want to reply again, then make them serious answers OK? If you just want to keep making stupid comments or start a flame war, then could I ask you to kindly GTFO so someone else can help me.
well the same thing happens (happened before I broke it) is that when fully tightened the trem bar doesn't face the right way. Thats just something you'll have to live with, plus you'll get more side to side movement if you wanna get it out of the way or bring it up a bit.

Sorry if i came across as a dick, but the way you described it, your trem bar was not fully tightened and it was loose. And the obvious answer was to screw it in. You never told us it faced away from the neck

Yes my trem bar is jammed in the socket but when i move it the bridge doesn't move. I'll figure something out :S
Quote by guitarcam123
well the same thing happens (happened before I broke it) is that when fully tightened the trem bar doesn't face the right way. Thats just something you'll have to live with, plus you'll get more side to side movement if you wanna get it out of the way or bring it up a bit.

Sorry if i came across as a dick, but the way you described it, your trem bar was not fully tightened and it was loose. And the obvious answer was to screw it in. You never told us it faced away from the neck

Yes my trem bar is jammed in the socket but when i move it the bridge doesn't move. I'll figure something out :S

Yeah, sorry for being a bit of a dick, I didn't really take the time to describe my situation in the first post. Anyway, with your problem, I'd say just take it into a shop, because if the bridge doesn't move and the bar is jammed, then it's probably the bars fault for making the bridge not move; it's probably in the way or something, I dunno. If you can't get the bar out, you may need a bridge replacement unless you want to cut the bar off and make it a hardtail bridge..

Anyway, best of luck, as for me, until I figure something out, I'm just gonna keep the bar out and not use it.
the bridge does move but i gotta press down pretty hard, then the volume knob gets in the way
^ awww how sweet they made up

kenan, is it a normal srat like tremolo? or is it like a pop in arm or something?

if its the earlier, then maybe a new sustain block could help you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
^ awww how sweet they made up

kenan, is it a normal srat like tremolo? or is it like a pop in arm or something?

if its the earlier, then maybe a new sustain block could help you

It's a normal strat tremolo, with a screw in arm. I'll give a new sustain block a shot, it just so happens that I have one, but I dunno if it'll fit. I'll give it a smash tomorrow though. Thanks for the advice
Some people use electrical tape and wrap it around the bar to increase it's thickness and make it fit snugly.
The thread on the arm comes in different sizes. Maybe you need a larger one?
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
if its a screw in trem arm try teflon tape (its for making pipes watertight, you can pick it up at a hardware store for like a buck a roll)

and as for the other guy, it sounds to me like your trem arm is a pop in, not a screw in type
Get the spring from a clicky pen and put it in the hole and screw in the arm. Those trems were originally desinged to have springs in there to set the bar tension.

Btw, you may need a higher-tension spring. Sometimes the pen springs work and sometimes they are too flabby.
Quote by livrockdie
if its a screw in trem arm try teflon tape (its for making pipes watertight, you can pick it up at a hardware store for like a buck a roll)

and as for the other guy, it sounds to me like your trem arm is a pop in, not a screw in type

THIS^^^

PTFE Tape
theres some famous guy who stuffs a cotton wool ball in the trem socket thing so he can tighten it without being fully tightened
Quote by guitarcam123
theres some famous guy who stuffs a cotton wool ball in the trem socket thing so he can tighten it without being fully tightened

Id stick with a spring. A cotton ball could get twisted up in the threads, plus youd never get it out if you wanted to.
so the socket its in rattles?

easy, take out the tremolo and tighten the socket it goes into.
theres a tut around here somewhere. if you do that it should make it tighter than a virgin.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If that doesn't work wrap a bit of tape on the threads,screw it in. bingo.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Cheers guys, I actually tried most of the stuff above, but I found that even though it was tighter and stopped rattling, it wasn't completely tight and still wobbled a bit when I tried to do really light vibratos. It might be a lost cause, I dunno, in any case I'm just gonna leave the trem out. Thanks guys