I have a metal pedal (read below) but it makes a sound that is very... metal. Would it be different to buy a distortion pedal than just using this pedal for distortion? I was considering a Sanpera II Footswitch as well, what do you guys recommend?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

definetely just get the sanapera. i can't imagine a distortion pedal would sound good through all that modeling in the vypyr.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
no need of pedals if he has a modeling amp.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I have a modeling amp also, Line 6 spider 3 to be exact. and I also have the MT-2, my suggestion is get a new amp. Get one with good enough distortion to replace the pedal. My plan is to get a Mesa Boogie to replace my amp and MT-2.
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
your amp should have a lighter built in distortion, no?
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Well, I use pedals on stage, I don't necessarily use it all the time, so the point of the pedal to me is to change the sound mid-song. In terms of the Sanpera footswitch, that would be useful always since it promises 400 presets and an EQ and I think it gets it's energy from the amplifier instead of batteries, right?
I've gotten a lot of LOLs in my time but I choose not to sig them to not look like a pretentious douchebag

The Vypyr has all you need doesn't it??

I dont want to see you buying 1-200 dollar pedals when you really should be looking into tube combos, especially if your playing out. Solid states and modeling amps are nice, to an extent...
The Vypyr has quite a bit of distortion. Have you tried maxing it out?
It is my personal opinion that if you're going to have any effect pedal at all, it should be a distortion pedal. It's just sort of a universal effect.
Quote by patbuck2
It is my personal opinion that if you're going to have any effect pedal at all, it should be a distortion pedal. It's just sort of a universal effect.

but his amp has like 15 different distortion pedals built in. You really shouldn't need one. You should rely on your amp for atleast your main distortion.
My experience is everything sounds different.

One of my amps is a marshal with built in distortion channel - i didnt like it, but really seem to like my DS-1. Its a cheap boss pedal my brother got me for birthday gift and i use it all the time, typically i dont set the distortion up on it it, i use it on the lowest setting with a different tube amp and it sounds great to me ......

everything sounds different IMO....have to try it out