Okay, so i'm modding my three humbucker guitar and i've found this wiring diagram that i think might work well.
But their descriptions are pretty vague so i was hoping you guys could help me out since i'm balls with wiring diagrams

(Invalid img)

In this diagram, when the middle pickup is OFF, will the middle position be Bridge + Neck like a normal LP?
Is there any way to isolate just the middle pickup?
Is the middle pickup's volume controllable or is it always at 10?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
I think that when pushed, its like a normal LP, 2 master volumes and 2 master tones.

when pulled, the signal coming from the middle pup is added to the signal coming from the pup selector. So, the only thing you can do with the middle pup is switch it on/off, no volume nor tone control for that middle pup.
Damn, is there anyway to keep a configuration like this but with three volumes, one tone?
also is it possible to make it so that instead of it being all three pups when the pup selector is in the middle position and the pot is pulled up, its just the middle?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
1. Yes, middle pup off means the pup selector works like any Les Paul's pup selector
2. Yes, you can isolate the middle pickup by turning it on, then turning the volume of the other pickups to 0.
3. The middle pickup is always at 10 or off. To add volume/tone controls for it without modifying the wood/drilling holes, you could get 2 concentric pots, and replace 2 of the non push-pull pots with them.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by hell_monkey
Damn, is there anyway to keep a configuration like this but with three volumes, one tone?
also is it possible to make it so that instead of it being all three pups when the pup selector is in the middle position and the pot is pulled up, its just the middle?

You could have:
-2v 2t, pushed: normal LP, pulled: only middle
-3 volume , 1 tone, not necessary the push/pull actually
-3 volume , 1 tone: pushed: normal LP, pulled: only middle

Have you considered a 5 way switch???
All the push-pull does is "turn on" or "off" the middle pup. That's it. You can't get a "middle only" setting with this scheme. The middle pup has no vol or tone, either.

Please use the Ultimate wiring diagram thread next time...

edit: DuctTapeNinja, your av makes no sense. Link is a lefty, but he's playing guitar right-handed?
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim
DuctTapeNinja, your av makes no sense. Link is a lefty, but he's playing guitar right-handed?
Link is attempting some slide guitar, but he only had a right handed guitar handy, so he's picking by the nut and "fretting" by the bridge.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

I dunno, but does it really matter whether he's righty or lefty?
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Hm, is there anyway to do a configuration like this through installing extra switches, push pull pots, concentric pots etc?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by Invader Jim
It totally matters if he was a righty or lefty. He's been a lefty ever since the first game, and now they make him ambidexterous?! Blasphemy!

?)

Well, i just played ocarina of time, he's righty in that game....

?)
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
No he isn't. I distinctly remember him wielding the swords with his left hand. At least I think I do.

*googles OoT screens*

Holy hell. In the game, he's a lefty, but in the official art, he's a righty.
Bumpity? And whats with all this zelda talk?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by Invader Jim
It totally matters if he was a righty or lefty. He's been a lefty ever since the first game, and now they make him ambidexterous?! Blasphemy!

?)

This should answer everything.........Never mind.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
i would suggest a mini toggle for each pickup, so you can turn each one on and off individually. jimmy page did that on his black beauty before it was stolen way back. and the three volume is definately possible with a single tone pot. that is what i would do so you would have complete control of all of the options.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte