how do i do it? right now i have reaper and hydrogen drum machine. can i record drums with the keys that i have?
Yes, you can, but it would probably be a much better idea to program them instead.
i have a Casio CTK-720. what does it mean to program them?
Last edited by SoldierAnt at Jan 21, 2009,
he means program them through midi notes in a piano roll.
not playing them live. No need for a keyboard this way, just use the mouse.

I vote for doing them live with a keyboard then going back and adding stuff in if needed. This will make it not exactly perfect and more likely to sound like a real drummer, you will hit a grove. This is all assuming you can keep time and actually play well.

-Ryan
how do i record my own drum pattern using my casio CTK-720 keyboard through reaper?
Does the keyboard have a USB out or a midi out?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
You know how you can do it on garage band using your actual keyboard for your computer. How do i do it with the keys that i have. I have it plugged in through a usb chord. im pretty sure reaper has midi i just can find out how to get it set up to do it.
maybe ill have to buy some better recording software because i remember being able to do it in pro-tools? could i do it in reaper or hydrogen?
I'm sure the help file has a tutorial on how to set up your midi and USB music devices in whatever software you are using. So I would start looking there.