Well it isn;t my guitar luckily, but my gf's. Anyways it crackles when you play it. I'm guessing it's a loose solder on the ground. She has an Ibanez Gio.

Anyways I'm jsut wondering if you guys could tell me where the ground connection is. It is wired as a HSS strat.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
9 out of 10 times below your feet.

</Hilarious and accurate answer>
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
awww, I guess it had to be said.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
It's not necessarily a bad ground. It could also be a noisy volume or tone potentiometer. It could also be a problem with the 1/4" jack. Do all of the pickup positions suffer from the same problem?
I don't have my amp plugged in right now, but I will try that now. I think the answer is it is the same for every position.

I checked the soldering on the input jack and it was fine, that's what led me to believe it was the ground. I might end up replacing the pots, but that will be later when I get some money.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

You can check if it's the pots easy enough. With the guitar plugged in, rotate each of the pots and if you hear a static noise, that's the culprit. No need to replace a noisy pot. Go to Radio Shack, or Guitar Center, and pick up a product called Caig FaderLube. It comes in a spray can. Gain access to the back of the pot - usually via an access panel on the backside of the guitar. Look where the wires are soldered to the pot. You'll see a small metal can, or cap, that covers the back of the pot. At the point where the wires solder onto the pot's terminals, you'll see that they enter into the pot. Right there is a slight gap. Use the plastic tube to spray the FaderLube into the pot and rotate it. Don't use too much, or it'll come out and get onto the wood. Wipe up any that comes back out. This will clean the pot and fix the scratchiness. If that's not it, send me a PM and we can go from there.
Awesome. I plugged it in and it seems to be working though, but I'm not sure if it was a fluke. If it happens again I'll try that.

Thanks a lot.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp