http://www.fleabass.com/

These basses are aimed for kids and beginners who want a nice quality bass.

ugh, epic thread title fail. mod fix it please? lol
Last edited by Miss G at Jan 20, 2009,
looks like OLP and SUB may be getting competition...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
this may solve my struggle to find an olp, cant wait to see how these turn out
Well, at least with this bass he can get 100% of the profits, maybe.

And finally, a bass that he can play and make him look pretty.

EDIT: I shouldn't be so mean - I think starting out kids with something that's cool is a great idea - hopefully he can bring some rock star cred to beginners. I'm actually quite charmed and heartwarmed by the product.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by thefitz

EDIT: I shouldn't be so mean - I think starting out kids with something that's cool is a great idea - hopefully he can bring some rock star cred to beginners.

I think its a neat idea for kids who wants to play. At 10 years old the neck of a Squier would be intimidating and any girl who wants to play bass probably doesn't want her bass to be pink and shaped like a flower lol.
Quote by Miss G
I think its a neat idea for kids who wants to play. At 10 years old the neck of a Squier would be intimidating and any girl who wants to play bass probably doesn't want her bass to be pink and shaped like a flower lol.

yeah, that green thing looked exactly like something I would have played. I would have been a little freaked by a normal bass.

keeping the black/white one was a great idea though. just in case someone pro likes the tone and isn't much for bright and cheery.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Sterling by Musicman versus this. Should be an interesting contest for '09. Gotta say, these look 'cute' and more appealing to the eye. How's the pickguard staying on?
Quote by Micehorns
Sterling by Musicman versus this. Should be an interesting contest for '09. Gotta say, these look 'cute' and more appealing to the eye. How's the pickguard staying on?

cheap glue.

cheaper than screws, and it may hide a poorly made pickup joint easier.

not bad to the instrument's sound, but it can make your pickup less well placed if they hide huge square holes.

all hypothesis.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
cheap glue.

not bad to the instrument's sound, but it can make your pickup less well placed if they hide huge square holes.

all hypothesis.

Meh, I was thinking that. I think they'd look a tad nicer without the pickguard.
Quote by the humanity
cheap glue.

all hypothesis.

It's sticking on through the power of Flea's rocking, duh.
I think it's pretty cool.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I'll be getting one of these

I dont entirely know why just yet
but I'm intrigued.
Quote by thefitz

EDIT: I shouldn't be so mean - I think starting out kids with something that's cool is a great idea - hopefully he can bring some rock star cred to beginners. I'm actually quite charmed and heartwarmed by the product.

I was told that Modulus refused to create a cheaper Flea Bass for people not willing to shell that kind of cash and Flea created these basses.
It looks nice, and has an air of simplity which is also nice to see. If i was startign i would have gotten one of these. Ill have to tell my friend.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The colours are WIN.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.