my parents were getting rid of a bunch of records that were in our basement when it flooded, i told them i wanted to look through them and see what they had. im wondering how to clean these without damaging the vinyl. so if you have any ideas please let me know thanks

EDIT: i wasnt sure where to put this so i put it here, if it belongs somewhere else let me know and ill move it
GEAR
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squire Strat
Peavey Bandit 65
Zoom 505II
Last edited by honestly? at Jan 21, 2009,
Treat it like an instrument. Get a non abrasive cleaning solution and a cotton cloth and dab some cleaning stuff on it. Not too much, then just rub around the record in a circle.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
they make special brushes to clean them out. you can use a soft lint free cloth and 20% isopropyl alcohol or distled water if you want to be gentle with them. with either use concentric motions to clean.
GruvGlide

I use it on my parents' old records. It removes dirt and dust, and prevents static build up. You only need to apply once every couple dozen plays, seriously. One can is good for about 150 records.

Guitar Center carries it.

EDIT: It also cleans your smudged CDs!
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
they make special brushes to clean them out. you can use a soft lint free cloth and 20% isopropyl alcohol or distled water if you want to be gentle with them. with either use concentric motions to clean.

Find one of these. Crosley makes them pretty cheap and even have cleaning kits. Vinyl rules!