Ok i'm trying to pick a new amp lets say

Price: $500-$1500
Size: combo - halfstack
Genre: Hard rock - Metal
Band Examples: Breaking Benjamin/Chevelle - A7X/BFMV/Parkway Drive

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser w/EMGs
ESP LTD EC-1000 (being equipped w/Dimarzios)

HELP!!!!!!!!!
Gear:
Fender Blues delux reissue
Boss GT-10
Schecter C1 Hellraiser!
ESP LTD EC-1000!
You have the GT-10? Just get something tube with an effects loop.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
peavey 5150/6505 is such a typical answer but it seems like it would suite your situation properly.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
how bout a vox ac-30 custom classic. dont be fooled by the vintage vibe they can scream metal if you want it to (seriously try it out) and it wont sound commonplace or generic. plus you still get the famous cleans and all the brittish raunch even angus young would ever want. or for more volume check out some of voxes 50 or 100 watt heads.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Jan 21, 2009,
I love the ac30, but I dont think its for this guy. it can do rock pretty good, probably some hard rock. but after that it wont do anything close to metal with it's overdrive, probably not even with an overdrive pedal, you would need a distortion pedal, and so the sound that you would be using wouldnt be the amp, it would be the pedal.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Ty guys
I played a 6505 head through a pretty large peavy cab, and it sounded pretty ok, but the cleans were pretty messy, are the combo's the same way?
Gear:
Fender Blues delux reissue
Boss GT-10
Schecter C1 Hellraiser!
ESP LTD EC-1000!
rectoverb combo!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I'd go for a half decent head and pick up any used tat 2 x 12 and replace the speakers with Crescendos. No actually I'd build the cab myself, but maybe you're not handy like that.
I've heard good things about Bugera amps so maybe their 6260.
Quote by mwalluk
Randall MTS RM50 series

You're joking right..?
Not for this chum.

I think i'll jump on the band Wagon and say
peavey 5150...

nobody else thinks a rectoverb would be perfect?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.