Im doing a speech about this for a class, and I wanted to share it with you guys. Keep in mind its just a summary. Punk and ska are the main genres here, so thats why its in this forum.

Back when I was 11, 12, I was just starting middle school. For most kids, this is when they start to find their first ideas of who "they are". Fads, interests, style of clothes all start to become their own way of individuality. Anyway, my next door neighbor was 2 years older than me. At this time he was getting into skateboarding and punk rock music and I thought him and his friends were the definition of cool. I started to dress like them, and skateboard. But one day I went over to his house and decided to borrow some of his CD's. The first ones were the Ramones anthology and the first Clash cd.
When I first heard this, it was like nothing I had heard before. My knowledge of punk rock stopped with Blink 182 before this. Only now Im hearing these buzzsaw guitars, with lyrics ranging from boredom and anger to politics, often on the same album. It was very inspiring and eye-opening and pretty influential on a kid. Politics and social awareness werent so boring anymore.
Also around this time, the guitar became popular with these older kids who I looked up to. I got myself a cheap electric and proceeded to teach myself every punk song I thought I could handle. It was the most frustrating thing Ive ever done but it did boost my confidence.
Even today i still love this loud, in-your-face music. But its also introduced me to ska and reggae and numerous other genres that have brought me plenty of fun and friends and knowledge and a sense of who I am. It may just be music to some people but to me it means a lot more.
this pretty much explains life as a teen. but after a year of guitar most of the punk fans move on to metal punk 4 life my friend.
...great....?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Yeah I have to give a speech tomorrow and I wanted to write it out once to have my ideas organized. I thought Hey! why not just post it here?
so i did.
Any suggestions?
Well, I can't really offer much, since, as you said, this is a summary.
All I can really say is that I liked it as a whole and I think you will do well with this speech.
Good luck out there.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Neat, but I don't think there's enough room for discussion, or relevance to this forum.