Page 1 of 3
Discuss upcoming ones, and ones that are already out. Good way to keep on top of the new stuff coming out.

I don't really know of anything that's come out this year already except for Kreator's new album yeah?
Aside from Kreator I've got one by Napalm Death, Evil Darkness, Saxon and Cattle Decapitation. Still gotta get round to getting Judas Priest and Seance.

Cannibal Corpse is expected soon, as is an Autopsy EP. Suffocation and Obituary are apparently also planning on releasing albums this year.

Diocletian, Destruktor and hopefully Teitanblood (but who knows anything about those lunatics?). That's all I can remember. There are probably more though
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Fen, Wintersun, Nightwish. Can't think of any others that MH hasn't covered.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Ooh, Napalm Death and Cattle Decap, totally didn't know about that. I'd already heard about CC, Autopsy, Suffocation, and Obituary's. Never heard of the bands in the third paragraph.

Also, I'm pretty sure Atheist is releasing an album this year, as well as BTBAM (<3)
Cemetery Urn are supposedly working towards a second album - I can't wait for that. I think Napalm Death leaked last year, and Cattle Decap don't know if the one I have is a leak or not. Should be out any day now
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Cattle Decapitation came out today, it's a pretty good release. If you like the songs on their myspace, you'll probably enjoy the new album as I have. I've only listened to once all the way through so far, but I'd probably rate it a 7 or 8 out of 10 by that. Napalm Death's release isn't out, but it's been leaked for awhile evidently, and it's a pretty solid release at that.

Anaal Nathrakh and Dying Fetus may be releasing some new stuff this year though, which would be sick.
That Sathanas looks interesting, I've only heard their early demos and side project Bathym, both of which were awesome. Necrophobic, Morbid Angel, Brutal Truth, Pestilence, Bulldozer... looks like a great year ahead and thats just up to April!

Dream Theater, Wintersun, BTBAM and JFAC.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by Tehzekester
Wintersun and JFAC in the same sentence...

I think my heart just stopped

LOL. I enjoy both bands, man. :P

ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by MHDrunk
Aside from Kreator I've got one by Napalm Death, Evil Darkness, Saxon and Cattle Decapitation. Still gotta get round to getting Judas Priest and Seance.

Cannibal Corpse is expected soon, as is an Autopsy EP. Suffocation and Obituary are apparently also planning on releasing albums this year.

Diocletian, Destruktor and hopefully Teitanblood (but who knows anything about those lunatics?). That's all I can remember. There are probably more though

Sounds like we have a brutal year ahead.
Definitely. I know I'll actually make an effort to keep up with what happens in Victorian metal this year haha

I'm the most pumped up for new Iron Maiden and Heaven and Hell. New Maiden+Sabbath, plus all the other great albums coming out this year means 09 should kick some major ass.
New HoF? Fuck yeah!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Wintersun, Cannibal Corpse, JFAC, Pain of Salvation, Napalm Death, Samael, Borknagar, AMORPHIS

New Oath to Vanquish as well, interesting to see if they'll sell it in Lebanon, since, you know, they're Lebanese.

Ooh! New Graveworm and Finntroll! AWESOME!
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Jan 21, 2009,
Doesn't Megadeth have a new album in the works?

EDIT: What would make my year is a new album by Carcass. I know that won't happen, but it would be cool
Last edited by D4rkFate at Jan 21, 2009,
Quote by TheMantipede

Anaal Nathrakh and Dying Fetus may be releasing some new stuff this year though, which would be sick.

This I did not know.
Quote by webbtje
This I did not know.

Anaal is pretty much guaranteed to come out this year, but Dying Fetus I'm not entirely sure. They've started writing for the new album only recently, so they'll probably end up being 2010, but I'm praying for a late '09.
Want new Anaal! A tour going through London would be cool too, if they're going to do live stuff again. Want to witness the Final Absolution live...
But we're assuming here that Dying Fetus write masterfully technical songs
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Quote by D4rkFate
Doesn't Megadeth have a new album in the works?

EDIT: What would make my year is a new album by Carcass. I know that won't happen, but it would be cool

Aye, wouldn't mind one.
RULE BRITANNIA
If JFAC makes another Death Metal record...

That's 2 DM records to 1 core record.

:O

I can't wait for Corpse, Necrophagist and Dream Theater.. Of course BTBAM
Quote by Magero
^I assume you heard about Al from Despised Icon replacing Ravi?

Gosh... I just read that.

Either way... I want Al to come up with some major Death Metal riffs. I hated the Doom EP.
Eluveitie, Chimaira, Wintersun, Behemoth, Illdisposed, Kalmah..
Gonna be a cool year

Edit: Left out Necrophagist
Quote by Magero
^I assume you heard about Al from Despised Icon replacing Ravi?

Really?!?! Damn...I dunno why but I always liked Ravi for some reason

The only tr00 metal albums that I'll be looking forward to (that I can remember off the top of my head) are Behemoth, Megadeth, and Children Of Bodom's (supposed) covers album.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Yeah I liked Ravi as well, I was surprised when I was checking out their wiki and I saw that he wasn't there anymore.

I totally forgot Eluveitie is doing their weird acoustic thing! I'm excited to see how that turns out.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Adagio's new album is set to come out this february, also, I think Iron Maiden's album is gonna have to wait until 2010 but I'm still keeping my hopes up for a 2009 release!
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
Page 1 of 3