Page 1 of 2
One underrated issue I came up last night just forcing my self to fall asleep is why we pay phone bills.
We shouldn't pay anything to phone someone, we payed for the machine, we really shouldn't, while we have to pay monthly fee for just using it.

I know it costs to keep the service running, but if we're paying monthly fees, that should just be enough, for god's sake.
It costs the phone company money to give you the service therefore they must charge you money to use it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
It costs the phone company money to give you the service therefore they must charge you money to use it.

What this guy said.
You know what? I'm not even going to conjur up an intelligent response to this question. Someone else will do it soon enough
How are they gonna maintain their hardware? Whos gonna run the company, whos gonna give you customer support...whos gonna pay company taxes. Above all, whos gonna pay the CEOs COOs Chairmen Presidents their salaries?

You.
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
i bet you dont even pay a phone bill. prolly ur parents.

anyways. its because they have to keep their towers up and youre using their stuff. their towers, their service ect. its really not that big of a deal to be honest.
I would agree if you said, "why do we pay so MUCH phone bills. Especially cell phone bills. FUck."
Is there any other free, undeserved sh*t you'd like? Maybe we shouldn't pay for electricity either, or water, or internet, or gas. While we're at it, let's just make everything free because it doesn't cost ANYTHING to run any form of service, and no one needs to make a profit because people who run services don't need money just the rest of us.

Ok, that's it, I'm finished.
We pay cause the give us a service, but anyway...they treat us like morrons cause they know were gonna end up paying anyway, so they do tend to overcharge us for everything
ok, why do we pay SO MUCH bills?
Why do we have to pay 10 cents to speak to someone less than a minute?
That's just ****ing lame.
So that you don't have to put a string between two cans and stretch it halfway around the world to talk to people in China.
Quote by radomu
Quote by InvaderTSN
Oh, Comrade radomu, you're so silly.

capitalist pig
Quote by InvaderTSN
Put your dukes up kind sir!

**** Rockafeller and JP Morgan
Quote by InvaderTSN
Damn commie.

In Soviet Russia, phone bill pay YOU!
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
we do we breathe?
we have to.

the company needs to survive and make profit.
hence overpriced bills.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Quote by radomu
One underrated issue I came up last night just forcing my self to fall asleep is why we pay phone bills.
We shouldn't pay anything to phone someone, we payed for the machine, we really shouldn't, while we have to pay monthly fee for just using it.

I know it costs to keep the service running, but if we're paying monthly fees, that should just be enough, for god's sake.

I don't even have a home phone, I just use cell phones =]
Saves some money.

And the only people that ever called the house phone when we had it were telemarketers lol
Quote by Lethal Dosage

This.

It's mostly mainainence, but they find ways to profit.
Quote by Roast Beef
PROTIP: UG is not Yahoo! Answers
Oh god no, UG is MUCH better than Yahoo! Answers
Quote by Roast Beef
PROTIP: UG is not Yahoo! Answers

lol thanks, i was wondering when someone else would say something about the current state of the Pit, with all of individual pleas for help/answers
Quote by radomu

You even copied his terrible grammar.
Quote by Avedas

You even copied his terrible grammar.

you knew that I did that on purpose?
Quote by radomu

Gee, you're pretty ****ing astute. But for the record, I know "SO MUCH" isn't grammatically correct. I didn't intend it to be; I meant it to sound like conversational english, which is why I capitalized it, so don't orgasm at having found an error in my post. "So many" would be the grammatically correct version, but this would take away the focus put on the 'cost of the bills', i.e, the actual money we pay.

And you're not making your position clear you dumb tard.

So, you're saying, the actual costs of phone bills are perfectly reasonable, yet you don't understand WHY you pay them? What's your point?
Quote by radomu

Are you serious....? Really....?

Where do I start.....
Quote by Say Ocean
Are you serious....? Really....?

Where do I start.....

Just like the guy last night who made a thread to tell everyone about his major revelation: Better quality products cost more than lower quality products.

This is the kind of thing you learn during primary school. The early years.

I say we ban TS and the other guy until they're both 13...

>_>

<_>
Quote by radomu
capitalist pig

To me, you sound like some wanna-be anarchist. And, if you were a true anarchist, you would realize that calling someone a "mean" name that has to do with their political standing never helped anyone, or anything. Thank you.
Quote by AnarchoFarko
To me, you sound like some wanna-be anarchist. And, if you were a true anarchist, you would realize that calling someone a "mean" name that has to do with their political standing never helped anyone, or anything. Thank you.

He was joking. Learn2InternetSarcasm.
Page 1 of 2